PDA

View Full Version : 1979 110 Help Desperate!

sdmyers13
03-19-2015, 10:23 PM
So I am now on my third stator, this one I bought from an ebay seller who said the part came off a running 110. I put it on the bike, pulled and pulled and pulled and still no spark. No spark at the points, nothing registers on either color wire coming from the stator. When I measure resistance from the black wire to the stator body (outer ring part) I get about 20 ohms and when I measure to the magnets in the center it gets upwards of 200-300 ohms. I am so lost as to what the problem could be. Desperate for some help here guys. It has new points, plug, coil, and condenser.

Steve-Hoog
04-02-2015, 09:29 AM
SD

I am in the same boat more or less.

To add to the confusion; I had bought a new after market coil and put it on another running 110. It ran but would die after a minute like it ran out of gas: Primary Ohm: .4 Secondary 5.51. Put the original Honda coil back on and problem resolved on second 110.

Back to the first 110: I am now attempting to find my first on Ebay. Also this Ricky Stator place may rebuild the original; do not have a "yes" yet or how much.

Original and bad Stator:

.7 yellow to ground
2.1 black to ground.
2.5 yellow to black.

Third motor 1985:

221 black to ground