PDA

View Full Version : one step forward two steps back

ddiggerr
03-20-2015, 11:55 AM
Seems like whenever I am making ground with this build something else breaks.

I just received complete gasket kit in mail. I go out and have a look at everything and find out there is a bolt snapped off in crankcase. Not sure how I missed that when I took it apart.

I installed the choke cable into holder on handlebars and test it out to make sure there is no binding. Well the bottom of the choke lever snapped off. Great!! That's what happens with 35 yr old plastic.

Frustrated!!

86125m
03-20-2015, 03:22 PM
Yea I know the feeling. I just got my 200m into the shape I wanted had it running good then low and behold one on the screws in the back of my flywheel comes off and damages my flywheel and a lot of other parts as well.

Recon
03-22-2015, 07:21 AM
That sort of thing happens to me a lot.

ddiggerr
03-22-2015, 06:16 PM
Picked up tri moto #3.

I started by pulling flywheel to check out stator and key way. All good.
I have lots of spark.
Cleaned out carb. All good.
Pulled head to check cylinder. All good.
Checked compression. It was about 102

Had to replace pull start rope as it broke during my 100's of pulls. It was kicking back real hard, so I pulled plug and pulled on it for awhile, and that was real easy. Then for the hell of it, I swapped out recoil and then it pulled without kicking back ????

This thing just won't come alive. My arms and shoulders gave out on me from pulling that cord all afternoon. I didn't even get a burp when dropping in a bit of premix in the cylinder. Thought maybe it was the kill switch, but checked that and is working as it should.

Is there anything I am missing????

Thanks