PDA

View Full Version : goki starter

vanvranken
03-20-2015, 10:26 PM
looking for a goki starter for a 200x project I am going to be getting into for my wife.project wont be started until nov-dec but figured this is going to be the hardest part to find.get a jump on it now.seems goki has diconiued the starter for 200x.anyone know where I can find one??thanks

onformula1
03-21-2015, 04:34 AM
http://www.goki-storm.com/Goki-honda-electric-start-kits.html

Give them a call and see if they have the X parts laying around, many parts interchanged.

vanvranken
03-21-2015, 08:24 PM
got a email back from goki. "that little engine had high compression and we had a real problem breaking teeth off the ring gear.the broken tooth would work its way to the maginets in the flywheel and then they where moved the ignition coil,eating the coils.we had to replace many coils"looks like im going to have to build the 200x for myself!!:D.find my wife something that already has electric start.any suggestions??

fieldy
03-21-2015, 10:45 PM
Mine starts very easily in all conditions with the kicker. Does yours have a compression release?

vanvranken
03-21-2015, 11:20 PM
Mine starts very easily in all conditions with the kicker. Does yours have a compression release?

mine right now is in pieces in a few boxes waiting to be built.:lol:

onformula1
03-21-2015, 11:30 PM
got a email back from goki. "that little engine had high compression and we had a real problem breaking teeth off the ring gear.the broken tooth would work its way to the maginets in the flywheel and then they where moved the ignition coil,eating the coils.we had to replace many coils"looks like im going to have to build the 200x for myself!!:D.find my wife something that already has electric start.any suggestions??

Yamaha 225DX perfect wife trike!

A Honda 250SX will work too, I never had one, but the Yami is a great trike.

fieldy
03-21-2015, 11:33 PM
The 86 has a compression release cable and I have lent my 200x to a woman before. She thought it felt tippy but didn't complain about starting it. I like riding the 200x myself in the woods, you'll like it. I put a DG pipe on it because the original was old and rusty and heavy, now people hear it from about 2 miles away. No longer stealthy,lol. You probably will be able to find many parts for it here if you ask around. Good luck on your build and welcome.