PDA

View Full Version : 1983 yamaha trimoto 175 carb help needed!!

Undertakur
03-21-2015, 09:39 PM
Ok, just purchased a 1983 175 trimoto. Took the carb apart to clean it. Before I did this I looked on the diagram and it shows no float bowl needle by the float bowl? It shows a needle valve assembly. My carb fills up with gas and overflows. There is a needle in it?? Is this my problem? The 225dx shows a float bowl needle??

dgm635csi
03-23-2015, 09:46 PM
Hello,

Yes there is a float bowl needle, or needle valve. I just replaced the needle valve and seat assembly on my 83' yt175. Mine did not appear to have any visible wear, but the carb would still over fill with gas and drain through the idle circuit into the air box boot, or occasionally overflow from the bowl. There is also a gasket underneath the needle valve seat. If the gasket leaks it will behave just like your float needle is not sealing properly.

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Yamaha/ATV/1983/YT175K/CARBURETOR/parts.html

You need parts 4 and 6 in the diagram link above. #4, the needle valve assembly includes the needle valve and seat. You should replace the gaskets under the needle valve seat while your at it, those are #6 on the diagram. You do need 2 "washers" as listed as the recommended quantity. This should solve you problem.

Duncan