PDA

View Full Version : 250es not cutting off with key.

250esfreak
03-23-2015, 01:07 PM
hey guys we almost have my 250es bigred back up and runing.

i just fired her up today and when i went to turn it off.it didnt want to die.i had to kill it with the kill switch.

Yamawheeler
03-23-2015, 01:29 PM
I have a ytm 200 that has to be turned off with kill switch. I can run it with out a key.

250esfreak
03-23-2015, 02:13 PM
before the fire it would kill just bye turing the key off.im guessing the wiring is wrong?

Flyingw
03-23-2015, 05:14 PM
There are 4 wires on the key switch. One heavy red wire. That wire brings battery power in to the key switch. The heavy black wire brings battery power out of the key switch to the main wiring harness. There are 2 small wires. One wire is routed to the CDI. The other wire is tied to frame ground. When you turn the key on, the red and black wires are tied together allowing power from the battery to flow to the main harness. The two small wires are open, no continuity. When you turn the key off, the red and black wires are open, no continuity but the two small wires are tied together, continuity. This shorts the CDI to ground killing the ignition. Something in the two small wires is disconnected. You need the wiring diagram to chase the two small wires down.

250esfreak
03-24-2015, 03:54 PM
had the wires backward.its working great now.thanks for the help guys