PDA

View Full Version : 200m transplant

wagx2
03-29-2015, 12:40 PM
Hello all,
found 3 wheeler world, while searching for wiring diagrams:

i have 2 85' 250es big reds, and had a 200m engine laying around and couple other parts, made a jeep to put it in, and had it straight wired to make a wiring harness, and also had it running then it just quit.

wiring diagram shows 2 yellow out of alternator, and the ones on mine are 1 yellow 1 black, is this the right alternator, or did someone switch it? I wired it to 5 wire regulator unsure if needed 4 wire one. but all seemed to work fine. and then it died no spark, have ohm'd all componets as to manual and all checked out, except cdi cause I don't think the meter will work on it as manual says need special meter tried it anyway and nothing. excitor coil ohm at 125 think cdi quit, which it was used one I had (6 pin) cdi with 5 pin plug. unsure of the model because serial number is half gone like the chain was rubbing. but then again it looks like the number stamp or plate that was used was damaged. the prefix that is on it match prefix of 85 200m in the 3 wheeler world spec section.

so I think I need cdi, but wanted to check about the rectifier, and alt. wire colors to see if I need 4 wire or 5 wire rectifier, cause I don't want to burn up anything, in this process, also if the green and yellow wires from alt are correct does it matter which yellow wires each go to in the rectifier? I know its not a 3 wheeler, please don't ban me, the wanted to salvage the engine had no frame etc... so I built one, looking to get advice on how to wire it, from what I can tell the most knowledgeable and dedicated site with people that own these type trikes from era of engine I have.

YTZ drew
03-29-2015, 09:39 PM
I replied to your other thread. Welcome!