PDA

View Full Version : Got a new tow rig......Ecoboost

bkm
03-30-2015, 07:39 PM
As some know I've been looking at replacing my 2010 F150 with some with a little more power to tow my camper. I wanted a F250 diesel, but couldn't find one in my price range that wasn't totally ragged out with a bazillion miles. I actually loved my old truck, just didn't care for the doggy 5.4, so I decided to look at the left over '14 Ecoboost F150's and found this last one on the lot. It has everything I wanted and got 14k off the sticker.http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/30/c430b78b8a614a6dbf5bb3935dd98907.jpg

MRSOUND
03-30-2015, 08:18 PM
I ended up renting one about 2 hrs into the 10 hr trip to TF13. I was skeptical of the ability to tow my trailer up and down the PA mountains being that it was only a F150 compared to my then immobile 2000' Sierra 2500. I was impressed with the ecoboost once the turbo kicked in, even going up the mountains. The only disappointment for me was I only got about 13 mpg.....the same I was getting with my 2500 with a bigger engine (6.0). That was pulling a 6 x 10 enclosed trailer with 3 trikes and camping gear. How big is your camper?

atc007
03-30-2015, 08:20 PM
Congatulations! Ahhh that new car smell! I bet you'll love it.

bkm
03-30-2015, 09:18 PM
It weighs about 7k empty.

MRSOUND
03-30-2015, 09:23 PM
I'm interested on how it tows that for ya once you drag the camper out. We got a 29Ft with 1 slide-out. Right around the same weight. Not sure how much longer the sierra is going to hold up. She's over 155k and tapping pretty loud at start up.

tripledog
03-30-2015, 10:29 PM
It weighs about 7k empty.

So does Oprah. All joking aside, that is one beautiful truck! You saved some serious cash over buying a '15 model, and some manufacturers are getting ready to release their '16 models within a month or so. I think the only way to buy a new vehicle is the very same way you did.

vegas250rr
03-30-2015, 11:43 PM
You're going to love it! I haul a 26' toy hauler that's right around 12k when loaded to the gills and my truck has not failed to do anything I have asked of it! Infact it just made the pull to glamis for the invasion. And back without even dropping of cruise control and there is some mighty hefty grades between Vegas and there! I avg 7-8 mpg but that's what I would have gotten with my Silverado 2500 so the 18-20 when not towing makes me happy! Congrats on the new rig! Here's a pic to show what it's capable of lol213396

bkm
03-31-2015, 04:36 PM
That's awesome. I would have loved a diesel, but being honest with myself, I didn't need one. I just needed something with more power. I drive maybe 5k miles a year so this truck will be just fine. I can't believe the power it has compared to my 2010.

vegas250rr
03-31-2015, 07:30 PM
there is only one thing that i am contemplating on adding to the truck and that is airbag helpers for the rear, just to take a little bit more of the squat out that comes along with the tag along trailer.

oldskool83
04-02-2015, 09:35 AM
it weights 7000lbs!......good lord my build 2004 hemi 1500 quad cab short bed with heavy off road 33's o 20x10 rims only scaled 5280lbs with me in it (135lbs) on the weight scale at the trash yard with about (100lbs) of dirt in the bed. No wonder they went to aluminum body's...what is ford hiding in F150's these days?

vegas250rr
04-02-2015, 09:42 AM
Lol. Quality! Compare curb weight of a Hyundai accent and a Bently... Coincidence I think not!

MRSOUND
04-02-2015, 11:34 AM
it weights 7000lbs!......good lord my build 2004 hemi 1500 quad cab short bed with heavy off road 33's o 20x10 rims only scaled 5280lbs with me in it (135lbs) on the weight scale at the trash yard with about (100lbs) of dirt in the bed. No wonder they went to aluminum body's...what is ford hiding in F150's these days?

Pretty sure he is referring to the camper he pulling and not the truck itself

yaegerb
04-02-2015, 01:09 PM

Bryan, does it say F-750 on the side?

bkm
04-02-2015, 02:06 PM
Yes camper, not truck.

yamaha225dr
04-02-2015, 05:28 PM
My in-laws have a similarly equipped F150 and a 28' one slide out trailer. The ecoboost pulls it with ease! Fuel mileage does suck when towing the trailer but that is part of the tradeoff when adding turboes to a gas engine.

bkm
04-02-2015, 05:40 PM
My 5.4 got 8mpg and wouldn't get away from it's own stink while pulling my camper. I can handle the gas mileage as long as the power is there. A lot of my decision also had to do with having a new vehicle that is reliable and comfortable for the family on long hauls. We already have a trip to Denver in June planned,but we'll be camperless this time.

El Camexican
04-02-2015, 06:07 PM
Congatulations! Ahhh that new car smell! I bet you'll love it.

It won't last long (the smell), he's a fan of Mexican food if you know what I mean:naughty:

Those things haul ass. The only downsides are the fuel economy when driven by someone who knows where all the local speed traps are (just saying;)) and the oil drip on the exhaust pipe tip. Other than that they seem to be awesome for the 20 minutes I've been in one.

bkm
04-02-2015, 07:57 PM
I'll make sure we drive the wife's car or my corolla when we go for south of the border cuisine. What is this oil drip? Btw I drive like an old man with no where to go and all day to get there. Around town in the hills I'm getting 17mpg.

El Camexican
04-03-2015, 06:00 AM
What is this oil drip?

Not sure if its due to running synthetic oil on break-in, or loose tolerances, but the Ford eco truck I’m familiar with (lady driven) developed a pretty large ring of greasy, dusty residue on the tip of the tail pipe with just a couple thousand miles on it that was juicy enough to cause a drip of oil to form the day I noticed it. I told her to take it in and show the service department. She had her husband go in and they told him it was normal for those trucks.

My Chevy also had oily ring on the edge of the rim of the pipe for the first 10,000 miles, but nothing like the Ford. I know GM uses semi-synthetic oil from the get go and now with about 16,000 miles on mine it seems to be clearing up. Still dark inside the pipe, but not oily.

While we’re on the topic, the tail pipe of my wife’s SUV is literally silver on the inside for as far as I can see up it. You can still see the spangle of the galvanized finish at 65,000 miles. Amazing when you consider what a POS the rest of it is and that car ran full synthetic from day one.

When you get a few thousand clicks on it let us know what it looks like, maybe it was just her unit.

bkm
04-03-2015, 09:41 AM
The soot around the tailpipe is due to the direct injection and lack of egr valve. Mine has it also, just not dripping.

bkm
04-03-2015, 10:39 AM
It makes great fertilizer for my weed plants though.

yamaha225dr
04-03-2015, 12:46 PM
BKM is correct.

El Camexican
04-03-2015, 07:32 PM
Hey EL at least i didn`t say POS like you did ! Thou`est should cherish all Ford , Chevy and Dogge they have your best interest at heart !

The "POS" reference was about a Mercedes, but it's a "Dodge Mercedes", so that may be where the "S" part comes from.

bkm
04-03-2015, 07:43 PM
Rolling fossil fuel in the not so Eco boost.

bkm
04-12-2015, 06:12 PM
I towed my first load today. I hooked up to my buddies camper which is bigger and heavier than mine. I have a steep hill by my house that is an instant 10 percent grade with no way of getting a decent run (yeagerb has been up Miller Hill and can attest to it's steepness). It pulled it without a problem and was gaining speed before I had to shut it down for the stop sign. I honestly was grinning ear to ear the entire little trip. I am very pleased with the power and will not hesitate to drag my camper anywhere I feel.

bkm
06-01-2016, 08:39 AM
Well I just pulled the trigger on a SCT x4 tuner from 5 Star Tuning. I can't wait to pull the camper this weekend.

5 Star claims an extra 100 ft lbs of torque at the wheels below 3000 rpm's.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

El Camexican
06-01-2016, 08:59 AM
No warrantee concerns?

bkm
06-01-2016, 02:02 PM
No warrantee concerns?
There are, but I went with these guys because they offer a power train warranty in the event Ford denies a claim. They are also the most conservative tune out there that retains 100% of the factory pcm failsafe monitors. If one parameter goes higher than factory threshold, the factory "limp" mode will still enable.

I mainly did it for towing and economy and stayed away from "performance only" tunes.

I drive like an old man and have only put 7k miles on it since last march. 2k of those were one trip to Denver and back.

vegas250rr
06-01-2016, 09:40 PM
Hope all goes well with that!... Update for me, I got air ride bags a week ago and can't wait to try them out! (350$ shipped from Amazon, which is a listed retailer so they will still honor all warrantees!)

DohcBikes
06-01-2016, 09:50 PM
So you're saying it didn't have enough power...

bkm
06-01-2016, 10:13 PM
So you're saying it didn't have enough power...
Went back through my posts and couldn't find where I said that? Maybe you could enlighten me?

I'm very happy with the power and have said that very thing, but being what it is, why wouldn't I want more power, equal or better fuel mileage, and better shift strategies for the transmission?

bkm
06-01-2016, 10:16 PM
Hope all goes well with that!... Update for me, I got air ride bags a week ago and can't wait to try them out! (350$ shipped from Amazon, which is a listed retailer so they will still honor all warrantees!)
My camper with the weight distribution hitch does a god job of keeping the rear level, but I'd like to invest in a set of those as well.

DohcBikes
06-01-2016, 10:17 PM
So... you're saying it didn't have enough power.

DohcBikes
06-01-2016, 10:20 PM
And also that it needs more support than the stock suspension can provide.

1/2 tons are not for towing.

El Camexican
06-01-2016, 10:25 PM
Ya'll have it made up there with the warrantees. Ford and GM get give only 2 years here and will sell you a third for about $900USD, no more. If we do an oil change outside the dealers the warrantee is void and now the new "screw you" policy is that you have to do a dealer oil change every 6 months regardless of mileage i.e. if you buy a car, drive it 1,000 miles in the first 5 months and then take a month long vacation and miss the cut off date you lose the entire warrantee. And that my friends is the policy of Toyota, Ford, GM, Nissan, Honda and I'm sure others. Mazda dropped it a few months back.

Same with the oil change intervals, they don't care if the oil life reads 60% when you hit 5,000KM, (like mine does). If you get to 6,000km you lose the warrantee. GM Canada told me that I can put as many KM as I want on a unit up there as long as I don't pass 0% oil life.

They f&^@ ya and they F&^* ya and the f&*^ ya!

bkm
06-02-2016, 12:17 AM

And three wheelers aren't made to ride across county. What's your point?

What is enough power? Please tell me. Is the current power adequate for what I need it for? Absolutely. Being a motor head do I want more power? Absolutely.

I guess since they sell air bags and helper springs for 3/4 and 1 ton trucks, those aren't made for towing either?

Learn to swim.

86T3
06-02-2016, 12:39 AM

Idk what your problem is here, but you're showing your complete ignorance about trucks and hauling.

bkm
06-02-2016, 12:53 AM
Idk what your problem is here, but you're showing your complete ignorance about trucks and hauling.
He must be back on the sause again. You can normally tell by how standoffish his posts get.

DohcBikes
06-02-2016, 01:28 AM
Lol. Nope. 1/2 tons are not for towing. Airbags and helper springs are bad.

DohcBikes
06-02-2016, 07:39 AM
I've owned more than 40 trucks in 20 years. Got a pretty good idea of the differences.

I do find it amusing how offended some people can get by somebody's opinion.

If you thought it had enough power, you wouldnt spend your hard earned money on something that claims to make more.

Regardless of marketing claims, you will lose fuel economy. End of story.

If you feel the need to add carrying capacity, then the available capacity obviously does not suffice. Pretty f'n simple.

Should have bought a stronger truck. 1/2 tons are not for towing.

You can bump the power and beef up the suspension all you want, it's your truck. Just remember, you still have a half ton axle, a half ton frame, transmission, etc.

The things you are doing to improve towing are standard on a 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck.

Mentioning me being under the influence of alcohol is the only reply you have? Facts are tough to refute, I guess.

Calling a 1/2 ton a "Tow Rig" is akin to calling a VW beetle a pickup truck. It just isn't.

El Camexican
06-02-2016, 08:20 AM
I've owned more than 40 trucks in 20 years.

So you just trade them in when its time for an oil change?:wondering

86T3
06-02-2016, 08:20 AM
He's hauling a 7000lb camper, not the Titanic. Pretty sure that's right dead inside the rated towing capacity from Ford. Which anyone with a little common sense knows that ratings from manufacturers are low to be on the safe side. Weight distribution hitches (the best investment a trailer hauler could make) and air bags help the truck sit better so it's safer to pull, but neither are needed. Some people like to modify things to make them better, much as you did on your x.

Tuners make engines more efficient, which makes better fuel milage. If you don't get better fuel mileage with a mild tuner it's because your right foot is too heavy. FACT!, not opinion

"The things you are doing to improve towing are standard on a 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck.trailpro"

I've never seen a 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck with air bags stock, except for the new dodge diesel that is air ride, but that's a completely different ideas all together.

Who knows, maybe you're right. Maybe he should have spent $15-25k more for a bigger truck that would get half the fuel milage to drive 7k miles a year. Smart economics right there.

bkm
06-02-2016, 08:31 AM
I've owned more than 40 trucks in 20 years. Got a pretty good idea of the differences.

I do find it amusing how offended some people can get by somebody's opinion.

If you thought it had enough power, you wouldnt spend your hard earned money on something that claims to make more.

Regardless of marketing claims, you will lose fuel economy. End of story.

If you feel the need to add carrying capacity, then the available capacity obviously does not suffice. Pretty f'n simple.

Should have bought a stronger truck. 1/2 tons are not for towing.

You can bump the power and beef up the suspension all you want, it's your truck. Just remember, you still have a half ton axle, a half ton frame, transmission, etc.

The things you are doing to improve towing are standard on a 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck.

Mentioning me being under the influence of alcohol is the only reply you have? Facts are tough to refute, I guess.

Calling a 1/2 ton a "Tow Rig" is akin to calling a VW beetle a pickup truck. It just isn't.

Good for you, here's your metal.

Opnions are like asseholes, some just stink more than others.

3 wheelers are not for driving across country. The things you did to your bike are standard on a street legal dual sport. Again what is your fawking point?

The fact is my truck is no where near it's capacity, and modifying something to do a job easier and better is exactly what we do on here. It's pretty much the sole reason this forum exist. And my hard earned money is just that, my money, but thanks for looking out for my fiscal well being.

Calling you out about being on the sause is just an observation. You have certain posting behaviors that you yourself chalk up to alcohol, sorry if I thought you were on one of your passive aggressive alcohol stupors. Maybe it's just the natural assehole in you that you can't help from coming out?

As far as the marketing claims you claim, you obviously know nothing about these trucks and it shows. There are hundreds if not thousands of guys doing the exact same thing I am going to do so I guess we're all stupid? Maybe so, it wouldn't be the first time.

Once I get the tuner and air bags I'm going to tow my camper cross country with my souped up Beetle and make a 30 page thread about how my accomplishment is equivalent to curing cancer and pound my chest over this awesome feat!

You get to a point where I can almost stomach you, but you just can't handle it, so you revert right back to your standoffish assehole ways. One member described you about the best anyone ever has, Rebel Without a Clue!

Do me a favor, stay clear of me. I've never liked you and most likely never will.

86T3
06-02-2016, 08:32 AM
Beetle tow rig
https://youtu.be/SpwH9WeVEfU

DohcBikes
06-02-2016, 08:40 AM
So you just trade them in when its time for an oil change?:wonderingOwning a construction company requires owning lots of trucks. Sometimes 10 at a time.

Using a half ton to tow a camper once in a while, hardly qualifies it as a "tow rig".

Couldn't care less if you like me or not. A forum is a place for discussing opinions.

bkm
06-02-2016, 08:54 AM
Using a half ton to tow a camper once in a while, hardly qualifies it as a "tow rig".

Couldn't care less if you like me or not. A forum is a place for discussing opinions.
I'll change the title if it makes you sleep better. I wouldn't want the capacity/load rating Police knocking on my door.

BOB MARLIN
06-02-2016, 09:03 AM
I put air bags on my F350 ( I believe it is made for towing), it was well worth it. I would never have another tow vehicle without them.

bkm
06-02-2016, 09:10 AM
I put air bags on my F350 ( I believe it is made for towing), it was well worth it. I would never have another tow vehicle without them.
Nope, see, you're doing it all wrong. According to BarnettOHCBIKES, if you modify anything, you bought the wrong truck. Sounds like you needed an F450.

Jd110
06-02-2016, 09:13 AM
Half tons don't qualify?

Does this look right?232318

Jd110
06-02-2016, 09:31 AM
Well, I might be silly, but I towed my snowmobile & a few belongings to Alaska with a 76' 2WD Datsun. It did just fine. Bought a new tundra in anchorage and dang near maxed it out on the way back. It did fine, also. Have towed my tractors, motorcycles, everything...it does just fine.

The dealer wanted to sell me an extended warranty even years later. I said why? I bought a good truck. 14 yrs later, 108k, and all services done, 0 problems

90k service=$1,800. What a bill & bend me over

Jd110
06-02-2016, 09:53 AM
I can't say that about my 3500 express that has the 7.4. It's been in the shop a dozen times. It's in there right now getting tranny service and replacing a broken motor mount. Heater core is going out at 76k

Red Rider
06-02-2016, 02:49 PM
Using a half ton to tow a camper once in a while, hardly qualifies it as a "tow rig". A forum is a place for discussing opinions.Regardless of how often BKM uses it to tow, he does use it to tow, so in BKM's opinion, his 1/2 ton Ecoboost is indeed a "tow rig." Now you already said, and I quote, "A forum is a place for discussing opinions." So, now that we have your opinion on record, we can move on, right? Case closed.

DohcBikes
06-02-2016, 04:15 PM
Learn to swim.

El Camexican
06-02-2016, 04:39 PM
Learn to park

86T3
06-03-2016, 12:28 AM
Dohc, as Bryan said, sometimes you put out the most thoughtful intelligent posts on this forum, but sometimes you're a contrarian jack @$!. I don't know how to take you anymore. You're clearly a smart human, it's just the other half the time you act like an idiot. The fact that your "opinion" is clearly wrong, but you still argue it is proof that your free mind is clouded. Have fun fighting your fight, we'll just sit over here and be correct

DohcBikes
06-03-2016, 12:30 AM
Sometimes I say things I don't mean just to make people think. It often gets more intelligent and detailed conversation started. Some people hate me for it. I'm ok with it.

86T3
06-03-2016, 12:43 AM
Sometimes I say things I don't mean just to make people think. It often gets more intelligent and detailed conversation started. Some people hate me for it. I'm ok with it.

^ Things people say when they know they're wrong but won't admit it.

DohcBikes
06-03-2016, 12:46 AM
If that's what makes you feel better I'm ok with that too.

For the record I think half ton trucks are a waste of money. That doesn't mean you have to agree.

El Camexican
06-03-2016, 07:08 AM
For the record I think half ton trucks are a waste of money.

Yea, but my trike just looked silly on the roof of my car, so I bought one.

Mosh
06-03-2016, 07:19 AM
Dohc, you have some kind of issue. Since day 1 here, all you have done is attack people. You single handedly caused my wife and I to say trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro this place, after fighting 8 years of onslaughts from people just like you. I just do not see where people actually believe you have done positive things for this sport or website. Some people, are far too easily impressed I suppose or have a skewed sense of value. Actually I cant say you single handedly are responsible for anything other than, just pissing people off. Kind of like a drunk regular at a nice bar that routinely picks fights with patrons. Pretty soon the owner finds himself with no patrons left other than skanks and weekly drunk tank morons running a tab they can't or will not pay and their ass can't cash.

To me I have only witnessed a thug come in this forum and swing a big bat busting up all the continuity that used to exist here. I guess 80 percent of the guys around bought the wrong truck according to you.
The manufacture is wrong, BKM, is wrong, aftermarket companies are wrong for offering products to bolt on these trucks. The rest of us are wrong for using 1500 series trucks to drag 3-6 trikes, and trailers, combined with 1500 pounds of camping supplies 2-5 states away to trikefest year after year.

Lets see, now what else? You have owned 40 trucks in 20 years? More Bullshit to make you appear bigger than life. Even if you did, what did you do to loose such a successful business that required such a fleet and if you were that successful, why did you live in a camper while going to college, then force yourself to load everything you own, to jump on a spray painted, chinese engine equipped 200x, with a kinked exhaust pipe, and ride that thing 7 states away? Hell beatnicks have made it far further with 28 dollars in their pocket, and a guitar case.

You have attacked almost everyone on here and for what cause? Because you had no idea how to work your away into gaining years of respect the hard way, by earning it. So you just pound your point home with some type of bully authority, and the only respect you have gained is that off assholes that like to watch you run your mouth at people those assholes are jealous of, but have enough common sense and decency to just keep their mouth shut.

I find it amusing that 2 weeks ago, you post some intervention thread of "woe is me, " claiming that drinking has caused you to act the way you do, and people bought into it hook line and sinker. But yet here you are...It is not about you arguing a constructive opinion..You live to fight with people. 2 years ago, you were a kid living in a trailer, shooting guns under the influence of drugs, fighting cops, having to pull guns on people, owner of a multi conglomerate business with over 40 trucks and what ever else, and somehow got bored enough to ride a 200x 1000 miles on the road..(Like the guy in St louis did on his street legal trike, like Curt in Florida has been doing for 10 years before you...) You cover seats better than my wife, your friends make better plastic than we did and really stepped up to the plate and donated some to TF, your friends with better former pro racers better than us, and they raced better than all...The sarcasm is pretty thick here.....You have posted all this stuff..I am not making it up, and I remember it..Some others may not, or may not be aware of your past interactions..

Now I cant speak for everyone else, but if people really knew what actions like this has done negative for this website, they would be shocked. I know for certain it stops people from wanting to be positive if they are only going to be attacked at every turn for their opinions or efforts.

You have posted your agendas and said all this stuff and more with a scorched earth policy...We get it man. You are the baddest mudderfawka on the planet..
My soapbox has collapsed,carry on.

RIDE-RED 250r
06-03-2016, 07:51 AM
A 1/2t truck is most definitely a capable towing rig when working within it's capacity and using the proper equipment when needed like sway and/or torsion bars. No different than the way one should not work beyond the capacity of a 3/4 or 1t truck. All can be overloaded with the same bad results.

The 1/2t trucks of today have towing capacities equal to or greater than the 3/4t trucks of yesteryear.

BKM wants to make a good truck better. I fail to see what is so hard to understand about that.

DohcBikes
06-03-2016, 09:24 AM
I never started any intervention thread. That's a complete fabrication. Which isn't the first complete fabrication he's posted.

I walked away from my company. I wasn't happy. I have owned 40+ trucks. Regardless of your jealousy. My 200x pipe was a mandrel bent factory piece. I hadn't painted anything when I took my trip. I've never pulled a gun on anyone and never want to have to. Another complete fabrication. I have however had both guns and knives pulled on me and had to disarm both assailants.

Its not my fault if you don't understand or believe me or what I've done in my life Mosh. You're an average person, and I'm not. I don't care what a liar says about me.

DohcBikes
06-03-2016, 09:34 AM
Furthermore, I didn't attack anyone here. Just discussing trucks. Pretty sure its not me that has the issues. You seem easily disturbed and obviously obsessed. I hope you get better. There, that's an attack. Happy now?

Mosh
06-03-2016, 12:42 PM
I never started any intervention thread. That's a complete fabrication. Which isn't the first complete fabrication he's posted.

I walked away from my company. I wasn't happy. I have owned 40+ trucks. Regardless of your jealousy. My 200x pipe was a mandrel bent factory piece. I hadn't painted anything when I took my trip. I've never pulled a gun on anyone and never want to have to. Another complete fabrication. I have however had both guns and knives pulled on me and had to disarm both assailants.

Its not my fault if you don't understand or believe me or what I've done in my life Mosh. You're an average person, and I'm not. I don't care what a liar says about me. not what you said here..

You didn't answer the important question.

Why is it that you think people should fear the repercussions of holding a police officer responsible for breaking the law?

I know you guys don't believe it but as I told you before, I've had a uniformed deputy Sheriff by the collar screaming in his face while his commanding officer and 100 other people stood there and watched. My friends climbed all over their cruiser and took pictures of each other dry humping the bumper. Not a single person was arrested.
or here...

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/179566-Tri-Moto-225-reDuX

Also, since this is my thread, I just want to say:

The few posts that were made on 4/23, that's not me. I was trashed, for the last time. Alcohol had been a huge detriment to my attitude and my progress in life. The posts will remain, for posterity, and as a reminder why on 4/23/16, I took the last drink of my life.

Life is a blessed miracle. Don't waste it.

^^^The very definition of "intervention"

Hey Milner, did you get my pm the other day? I hope so, haven't heard back from you.

This message applies to anyone on the board that has been a target for my misdirected hostility in the past.

Sent 5/08 at 10:26 pm, not as a reaction to this thread which was posted after, or anything else other than my own conscience. As posted in another thread, I have recently gained some perspective and hope others can do the same, so we can all move forward from this point.

Prior to making the decision to change my attitude in search of a more fulfilling time on this earth, the four years previous to that time were the worst 4 years of my life. Thats not an excuse, just some insight as to why I was acting the way I was. Projection.

In the words of Forrest Gump, "That's all I have to say, about that".

Why doesn't anyone shut this b.s. down? Admittedly, lack of moderation is probably the only reason I'm still around, but this stuff is killing this site. It's a morgue in here, even compared to just a few years ago. There's no ebb and flow anymore, only ebb. Do something before it's too late.

To everyone contributing, rise above this trash. If I can do it, anyone can. Wonder why it is a morgue and a lack of "moderation"...Read further below to find out.

Furthermore, I didn't attack anyone here. Just discussing trucks. Pretty sure its not me that has the issues. You seem easily disturbed and obviously obsessed. I hope you get better. There, that's an attack. Happy now? How about when you pmd my wife a few years back and threatened her that YOU would " ruin her business" if she did not keep her mouth shut as a moderator? We Still have the PM along with some other stuff...How is that not an attack? Of course I am going to be a little obsessive and disturbed when some punk threatens my wife with some..Most "average" guys would..
I don't lie, I don't fabricate. I observe what I see and make assessments of my surroundings.

There is quotes all over here I could pull up by you, just shaming, demeaning and pissing on all kinds of people stating borderline illegal activities as in a bragging form. I am not mental, I have no issues. I can virtually prove everything by posts YOU made in the past, but it is not really worth wasting my time on you unless you want to keep getting deeper in to the issue...Just because I remember things that stick out and seem odd to me does not make disturbed, it makes me aware of my surroundings.

BKM Sorry for shitting in your thread, but someone already made it a dump.

Mosh
06-03-2016, 12:55 PM
Sanctimonious ......self - righteous dribble that you keep on and on and facking on with ! Not that Dohc does`nt deserve it but you can`t even pick up your barbies and go away like you said you would ! At least Barnet469 did that !
Never said anything about taking barbies or dolls...

Thanks to all the friends we made and the support we gained over the years...
No taking the ball and going home..We are just done here...There is nothing left but insults and we have put up with enough for far too long..

Over and out... Said NOT taking the ball and going home...we are done here..As in done with putting up with peoples shiat and taking it on the chin..Once again you fail to read..But yet you said you agree with a lot of what I have to say, but call me self righteous. So it is okay to for you to believe in my thoughts on various issues, but you are not self righteous for believing in my sanctimonius ways..lol OKAY..
I Really do not understand where your disdain came from for me (I can only assume it was from fight club trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro from years back) but hey I get it..You think I am an ass, and I respect that we may never see eye to eye..

However until you have put up with some of the horseshit I/we have, you will never understand. Everybody gets trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro on..I get it...I just don't let go as easy as others..

edit for the record, Barnett was booted, he did not leave on his own..Big difference

DohcBikes
06-03-2016, 02:07 PM
None of his response addresses anything I said. No thread was started. An apology was made in a build thread. That's What men do. You clearly stated that I started some sort of intervention whoa is me thread. You lie a lot, and you cry a LOT. Everyone here knows that fact at least. The rest of the responses are almost completely unrelated to anything I said, and aren't even related to the comments you posted. I really think you should seek help.

Bryan, this was not my intention or my doing. All I did was say that you must have wanted more power. Everyone else took it from there and prompted more responses. I'm not sorry for giving my opinion that I don't think half ton trucks should be used as tow rigs.

bkm
06-03-2016, 03:32 PM
Bryan, this was not my intention or my doing. All I did was say that you must have wanted more power. Everyone else took it from there and prompted more responses. I'm not sorry for giving my opinion that I don't think half ton trucks should be used as tow rigs.

No, actually you assumed or implied that by buying a programer, I was admitting the truck did not have enough power to do what I wanted, which couldn't be further from the truth. Then you made another assumption that by me wanting to buy airbags down the road, I was admitting the suspension was not up to task which if you would have been paying attention I clearly stated the rear end sits perfectly flat hooked up to my camper. Your above statement is in fact correct, I wanted more power, but the original intention of your posts were not to make me "think" as you stated, but to start shite, which you suceeded.

I should have listened to my gut and just totally ignored your remarks, but but my pride got the best best of me. My fault, I should have known better so that's on me.

That's great that you don't think a 1/2 ton should haul or pull anything. Like you said everyone is entitled to their opinion, but just because you have one, doesn't mean it's worth a damn.

As for everything else, carry on. I'm on my way to the campground and have to pull over every 20 miles to let the transmission and axles cool down so I need something to do while I wait.

83ATC185
06-03-2016, 04:15 PM
Good luck with the camping and the Ford .....i just had terrible luck with mine and i loved the EFI 302 like a bat out of hell but the tranny failed at 40k and the paint sheered off and it would`nt run if it rained ..etc ...etc .....tell us what kind of mileage you got and how it went when you get back ......peace !

The transmission took a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro in every ford ive owned...

DohcBikes
06-03-2016, 04:21 PM
Never once said it shouldn't haul or pull anything. If you want me to stop responding, stop addressing me.

yaegerb
06-03-2016, 04:26 PM
Good luck with the camping and the Ford .....i just had terrible luck with mine and i loved the EFI 302 like a bat out of hell but the tranny failed at 40k and the paint sheered off and it would`nt run if it rained ..etc ...etc .....tell us what kind of mileage you got and how it went when you get back ......peace !

Here's my tow rig...its BKM approved

bkm
06-03-2016, 04:29 PM
Never once said it shouldn't haul or pull anything. If you want me to stop responding, stop addressing me.

I'm not sorry for giving my opinion that I don't think half ton trucks should be used as tow rigs.

I'm confused

El Camexican
06-03-2016, 04:49 PM
I'm confused

Join the club, I gave up trying to understand after this gem came out.

I made the whole story up. All of my stories are made up.

bkm
06-03-2016, 04:49 PM
Will do. The tuner didn't show up, but at least that gives me a chance to see mileage untuned vs. tuned. I'll update when I get some info.

bkm
06-03-2016, 05:04 PM
Let me tell you what a dumbarse i am ...... same Ford i was pulling my boat back from the river .....i hear a noise i look and the exhaust rotted out and was dragging !.....i take hacksaw and cutt it just behind the cat. ......later i`m pulling up the grade and someone comes along side and starts pointing at rear of the truck ....i pull off and look and the gas was boiling out the vent on the front gas tank !!!! The heat was blowing right on to the tank ......i almost killed the kid and myself !! So i nursed it home and thanked my lucky stars ......i`ll never do that again ....that thing could have blown sky high ....
I think everyone of us has had one of those moments where you look back and wonder how the hell you're still alive. Learning to swim is a mother f'er.

yaegerb
06-03-2016, 05:12 PM
Let me tell you what a dumbarse i am ...... same Ford i was pulling my boat back from the river .....i hear a noise i look and the exhaust rotted out and was dragging !.....i take hacksaw and cutt it just behind the cat. ......later i`m pulling up the grade and someone comes along side and starts pointing at rear of the truck ....i pull off and look and the gas was boiling out the vent on the front gas tank !!!! The heat was blowing right on to the tank ......i almost killed the kid and myself !! So i nursed it home and thanked my lucky stars ......i`ll never do that again ....that thing could have blown sky high ....

Yep, we have all done things like that. Glad nothing happened and keep on truckin!

The_Steve_Man
06-03-2016, 06:03 PM
My tow rig. Steve approved. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160603/986d5568a864e7656581af664b4e5f8c.jpg

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Mr. Clean
06-03-2016, 06:55 PM
Here is my tow rig. Going to get air bags for sure and a tuner for the exhaust gasses and hopefully squeeze out a few more horses. It is a bit of a rough ride but I have learned to deal with it, maybe upgrade the tires/wheels.

I am pretty sure I will end up towing above capacity so I know the additional horses will really make a difference. If I decide to go to Trikefest I may also have to budget a few more hours, possibly days to get there as it does lack a little on the top end.

El Camexican
06-03-2016, 07:02 PM
What's your MPB with that rig?

tripledog
06-03-2016, 07:11 PM
What's your MPB with that rig?
Is that miles per bale?

atc300r
06-03-2016, 07:17 PM
Not mine but this looks like the tow rig to have.232369

atc300r
06-03-2016, 07:25 PM
This is what I haul my toys in. 06 Ram 1500 2x4 3.7 v6. short box. Steve your truck is sweet.232370

tripledog
06-03-2016, 08:17 PM
Not mine but this looks like the tow rig to have.232369

The very definition of a 'Wing and a prayer.

jonolanracin
06-03-2016, 09:53 PM
Bryan dont let the arguement rich jackholes get to you .even i think anyone that drives a ford is crazy lol youre a smart man and im sure you know when your truck will be over loaded and not use it over its limit of what is a safe rig. Some people just want to stir up crap because thier mouth is so full of it already they want to share it. Enjoy the new ride and use it however the heck you want .i myself have used my half ton yukon pulling a 24ft enclosed trailer with 8 trikes enough food gas and camping gear for a week 700 miles to ride with no problems at all

BOB MARLIN
06-04-2016, 08:57 AM
Here is my tow rig. Going to get air bags for sure and a tuner for the exhaust gasses and hopefully squeeze out a few more horses. It is a bit of a rough ride but I have learned to deal with it, maybe upgrade the tires/wheels.

I am pretty sure I will end up towing above capacity so I know the additional horses will really make a difference. If I decide to go to Trikefest I may also have to budget a few more hours, possibly days to get there as it does lack a little on the top end.

Hey Mike ,I had one just like that !. I loved it . The only problem I had was the exhaust was always blowing right in my face!.

The_Steve_Man
06-04-2016, 12:45 PM
Here is the tow rig to have, and its not overkill to pull a lawn mower with it. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160604/3cbcace07338b4b767c0bf4004498c14.jpg

bkm
06-05-2016, 10:00 PM
10.6 average miles per gallon there and back. 120 mile round trip, so nothing earth shattering, but about 85% of the route is hilly.

Got home this afternoon and of course the programer is sitting on the porch.

I'll update this as soon as I have a tuned trip under my belt.

bkm
06-05-2016, 10:03 PM
Here is the tow rig to have, and its not overkill to pull a lawn mower with it. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160604/3cbcace07338b4b767c0bf4004498c14.jpg

There was a guy who used to show up at the sand drags with a custom 93-97 F-350 six door. It had a 557 Big Block Ford and was bad to the bone.

ironchop
06-06-2016, 07:01 PM
Boy that six door would be handy. I had never seen one around here.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

El Camexican
06-06-2016, 09:34 PM
Boy that six door would be handy. I had never seen one around here.

I'd call that a Texas Limo if ever there was.

ironchop
06-06-2016, 09:39 PM
Yeah but y`all got Minnie Pearl fried chicken !! ....we caan`t touch dat !
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160607/36884df665b85fa68e6a7d84a5000aa3.jpg

The_Steve_Man
06-06-2016, 10:11 PM
A guy over in Kansas built that. It is pretty cool truck.

El Camexican
06-06-2016, 10:17 PM
A guy over in Kansas built that. It is pretty cool truck.

That explains it. I figured I'd have seen then in TX if they were available from the dealer. Very nice :beer

bkm
06-07-2016, 12:06 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160607/4036b37c3dbf438bc0eeff6969d585b6.jpg

Small sample size here with the generic SCT 91 Octane towing tune. This was on the way home tonight just over 17 miles and hardly a flat stretch of road (yeagerb can attest to this) and no less than a dozen stop lights between here and work. You will get stopped at a minimum of 6 of them if you're lucky. 65 mph for 80 percent of the drive. This same exact route last night untuned netted 16.8 mpg. Not bad. The boost is almost instant and as a result is in high gear a lot faster.

I just received my custom tunes via email that I will download to the tuner tonight and install tomorrow night when I leave for work for a back to back test.

Then I will install the 87 octane economy tune to test against the performance/tow tunes.

With the SCT tune, the truck shifts amazing and is always in the right gear. Stock it felt like it was always in between the right gear and constantly searching. Other than coming to a stop, I counted one downshift from 6th to 5th and according to my articulation gauge, it was a 4% grade and the steepest of my route.

The reviews of the 5 star custom tuning is that the shift strategies are even better than sct and mileage is a tad better.

I have to drag my camper back to the storage lot tomorrow so I'll also get to see the power difference towing, but it's only 3 miles away so mileage won't really be accurate.

bkm
06-07-2016, 11:23 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160608/fad91bd86d8d3fca03f915247ef77573.jpg

Same route, but I forgot to reset .10 of a mile sooner. Same speed, same stop lights, same traffic, a little better mileage with the 5 Star 91 Octane Performance / Tow tune. The shifting is even better, and there is definitely more power, but that being said, I really like the SCT canned tunes.

Next up is 5 Star economy 87 octane tune.

bkm
06-08-2016, 09:52 AM
That's the factory dash from Ford. 3.5 twin turbo v6.

vegas250rr
07-14-2018, 10:53 AM
Never got an updat on the eco tunes were they worth investing in ? And where did you buy your sct and tunes