PDA

View Full Version : Electrical/headlight issues

Cateater
04-08-2015, 07:09 PM
Hi all, once again, i have run into a bit of an issue with my trike and must ask the infinite wisdom of the forum. I did a quick search and didnt really find the answers i was looking for. But im sorry if this has been explained before.
So i have a 110 ATC. It has a 85 engine with CDI. And i have it running like a champ. However, it has a 79-80 fork and didnt come with a headlight. So i bought one. (I like the round headlight more anyway) it fits perfectly, tried to get it all wired up and working, but get nothing. Not even a dim glow. So i double check, try hooking it up directly to power and ground and still nothing. Now heres where i get a little lost. I checked voltage at the yellow wire (power out of alt,correct?) and it just kind of bounces around below 1volt dc. So does it spit out AC from the yellow wire? And are there two different coils on the 110? One for ignition and one for lights? Maybe the lighting coild is bad if thats the case. Because it runs great. Just this light is an issue. Any help would be fantastic. If you need pictures or more info i would be happy to deliver.

ps2fixer
04-08-2015, 07:27 PM
Pretty sure the 110s of that erra had 2 coils, as you said, one for lights and the other for ignition. OHM the stator wires and see what the readings are, I think the ignition coil was low like 1-5ish and the lighting coil was around 100-400ohms. I have a stator coil on my desk, just need to OHM it to validate it is good. Let me know if you need one.