PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha 225 Tri Moto rear fenders

super8
04-09-2015, 08:56 AM
Alright guys, tired of looking for rear fenders and finding shot fenders when I do find some. I actually found a set at a dealer, through my local dealer and they won't sell. Sooooooo i called Maier and they said they would do molds for 4 pieces, obvisously they get a cut, and then make me 50 new pieces. My restoration project would love new fenders but dont want to spend the money without knowing if anyone is interested, would anyone buy new pieces from me, if I did this?? Let me know who's interested, let's take a count!!!!!:Bounce

UI Vandal
04-09-2015, 11:12 AM
So, do you need enough for the 4 pieces? Or do you need enough interest for the 50 pieces?

super8
04-10-2015, 11:34 AM
Interest for the 50 pieces, they say thats the smallest run they will do. I have a feeling that this may be a stretch but would be cool to do. I have also considered trying to contact yamaha directly and ask about fenders, i know somewhere there's got to be some (nos) needing a good home.......

UI Vandal
04-10-2015, 01:36 PM
50 would be a significant stretch! You at least have this site as a great chance of contacting interested parties.

Ghostv2
04-10-2015, 02:42 PM
Let me just say this. I've been watching Micky do all his runs of fenders and is having trouble getting 10 people to do a run of fiberglass fenders. Let alone 50. It a stretch. I mean, I could almost guarantee those 50 fenders would sell no problem. But getting 50 people all at once willing to throw down large deposits won't happen. You'd be waiting a very long time for all those slots to fill up.

Just my $.02

sweetip2000
04-11-2015, 01:11 PM
Alright guys, tired of looking for rear fenders and finding shot fenders when I do find some. I actually found a set at a dealer, through my local dealer and they won't sell. Sooooooo i called Maier and they said they would do molds for 4 pieces, obvisously they get a cut, and then make me 50 new pieces. My restoration project would love new fenders but dont want to spend the money without knowing if anyone is interested, would anyone buy new pieces from me, if I did this?? Let me know who's interested, let's take a count!!!!!:Bounce

I would like to know what the exact OEM NOS color scheme is for a 1986 Yamaha 225 DR
From what I hear its black. So I am sure besides fitment different colors of plastic would throw another wrench into the picture. I am speaking with a local dealer now to see if I can locate NOS plastics which will most likely be a rare find but sometimes ya never know.

Give me a bing bong hello if you hear of anything,,,,

TCJim
01-01-2017, 11:11 AM

I am interested but need to know an approximate price before I commit.

muthey
01-05-2017, 10:25 AM
I know it was discussed before what other fenders will fit and I keep thinking that warrior fenders with some modification will match up

tri-shee
01-06-2017, 07:12 PM
I have NOS sky blue rear fenders, headlight cover , and front fender.

kirbysjunk42
02-17-2020, 03:32 PM
I have NOS sky blue rear fenders, headlight cover , and front fender.
Do you still have these for sale if so email me with price and pictures kirbyreid14@hotmail.com

Blackwater 357
02-17-2020, 09:19 PM
I might be interested in a set as well depending on price. I have three excellent condition dr's all in the yellow. Would love to do one up in blue.

Blackwater 357
02-17-2020, 09:23 PM
What is the estimated cost of getting rears made up?

tri-shee
02-20-2020, 08:37 PM
Do you still have these for sale if so email me with price and pictures kirbyreid14@hotmail.com

yes, I still have them. Not sure if I will sell them. It would be expensive to ship.