PDA

View Full Version : Unfortunate circumstances forcing me to need to sell my '83 suzuki alt 125D.

GearENVY~SP
04-09-2015, 12:40 PM
My backs against a wall. Just paid up alot of bills for most the year with tax return,and days later get a notice saying we have to move in 90 days. Not quite an eviction cuz its nothing we did wrong? Theres a larger story goin on with the neighboring tenants and im thinkin we're getn screwed because of their drama. But what can u do?? So i been workin on and got running my '83 suzuki alt 125 D. It runs like a bat outta hell. Rides nice,shifts smooth,and yes even the fancy reverse gear works. That reverse is a neat lil option on the bike. Great for beginners! Cant count how many times i been stuck in a bush when i was a kid thinkin these things need reverse for reals! An im totally seriously kinda heartbroken that i gotta get rid of the lil bike. Its rare(that it runs), its not a beauty contest winner by far? Miss trailer park queen 1983,southpark version maybe?? Lol. But after the blood,sweat,burns,cuts,time,money..an maybe tears??(not mine lol) ive grown attached to the lil thing. Well not so lil?? Thing is surprisingly powerful. Its not my big 220 honda,but i brought this baby to life myself. New timing chain,sprocket,and cam. All new carburetor jets,valves an whatnot,brand new primer plunger(not a cheap part),new ignition starter coil,one new tappet cover,and a complete new suzuki alt50-125-185 A-B-C-D?? Repair manual for all suzuki alt series 3 wheelers(not cheap either). The bike aint pretty,needs a lil tlc. Fenders,lights,tune up. But its not the worse thing i ever owned. I got a new oil filter just no time to fiddle with it anymore. Has good tires plus a extra rim and tire,unless it goes to my honda? Not sure. Lost the hand brakes rear adjusting bolt so took it off but have it,also have a double gun/fishing pole rack that just needs altered a lil to fit on the suzuki,same with a front heavy duty basket for hualin game,trailprotrailpro Chihuahua,whatever?? Odometers suppose to be right so its got pretty low miles. So sorry for the rant and run on rave,my question i guess is im wondering how much i should ask for it?? Hard for me to price it?? I traded a running (needed work) 4×4 mitsubishi mighty max longbed pickup truck straight over for both my 3 wheelers. Had too many cars. Anyways,any suggestions?? Ideas?? Its worth somethin to me for sure an i dont,wont give it away. I need extra $$ to get wife,3 girls an two lazy spoiled dogs a new place to live... Thank you. Nate.