PDA

View Full Version : Guess you gotta be a man to handle this one...

84chevyguyid
04-14-2015, 03:00 PM
Came across this YZ 490 ad on the local craigslist this morning. Pretty funny, the guy must have mommy issues.

Straight out race bike from 1986. This bike is only for REAL MEN who have good heath insurance because if you don't treat this bike with respect, it will kick you off and and then kick you in the ribs. Very powerful 2 stroke motor ready to kick some butt. Runs great and ready to go for you. I never found a hill that I couldn't make it up. This thing would probably climb a telephone pole if you let it. Leave all of your friends in the dust crying, "mommy" because they can't keep up.

This bike is not for you if:
1. You have NEVER owned a dirt bike before.
2. You are over 20 and still live with your mommy.
3. Can't remember the last time you went to the gym to lift weights.
4. You're a lover and not a fighter.
5. Have to call mommy to tell her you will be late for dinner.
6. Have a very low pain tolerance.
7. Love Richard Simmons.

JayBone
04-15-2015, 10:28 AM
Thats funny. Good honest points though. 1 & 7 for sure!!!

oldskool83
04-15-2015, 10:39 AM
Yeah and he's selling it because he is all of the above and cant start it prob like 90% of people selling 500's

83ATC185
04-15-2015, 12:25 PM
:lol: I wouldn't want it, not because i can't start it, but because i don't want to start it. And where i live there is nowhere to ride that thing to its full potential. Not that I'd want to. I know my limits and i know there is probably very few (the other 10%) that can actually use a bike of that size to its full potential but to have a mint one would be sweet

Toaster556
04-24-2015, 10:40 PM
Great thing about shopping for 500s in the early season is waiting for people to scare themselves off them first time out lol. I got a 1984 Husvarna 500XC on a screaming deal because 1) Left side kick starter 2) 500 cc of long stroke torque and 3) an honest 100 mph top speed on a smooth road. I also spent copious amounts of time riding tight 'n nasty single track with it, where it oddly excelled.
86 YZ490, I think that had the BASS shock to reduce kicking on breaking bumps. Either way, they are a porky machine

onformula1
04-25-2015, 02:40 AM
This bike is not for you if:
1. You have NEVER owned a dirt bike before.
2. You are over 20 and still live with your mommy.
3. Can't remember the last time you went to the gym to lift weights.
4. You're a lover and not a fighter.
5. Have to call mommy to tell her you will be late for dinner.
6. Have a very low pain tolerance.
7. Love Richard Simmons.

8. You enjoy a bike that doesn't ping itself to death! Even on race gas.
9. You don't like tingly feelings,, Everywhere in your body from vibration! & Suspension.
10. You want a shock that works.
11. You hate Honda open class bikes.
12. You want to be like Broc Glover.
13. You have a bad Dentist.

sweetip2000
04-25-2015, 09:23 PM
I had a RM 125 Suzuki and on a 600 acre riding park could not get past 2nd gear. That is only a 125cc 2 stroke. Wiping out in the dirt will teach you how to respect motor power band. Besides at 54 years of age I dont bounce of rocks anymore lol