PDA

View Full Version : Unseizing big red forks!!??

'84BIGRED200es
04-15-2015, 11:38 AM
Anyone get a set of forks unseized? I have a 84 Big red 200es that I'm basiclly making all new again but this is one road block, been contemplating upgrading to a fork off like a 200x or similar but I have alot of money wrapped up in the bike right now so if i could make mine better for the time being I would like to stick with em.
in the last 2 weeks I have ordered/received (2) Interco 25x12-9 Swamp lites for the rear, new bars, grips, air filter :crazy:now I have to get the head and jug off to be sent out next week for next overbore, new valve and seats recut bead blast head and jug, send back matched piston rings clips, gaskets, cam chain, cam gear etc for another $415, I will have almost 800 in the old girl but she will be ready for the next 30 years after sitting in a buddies barn for the last almost 10.

ps2fixer
04-15-2015, 05:58 PM
You must have one of the rarer machines with the forks not worn out O.o, can't really help much with getting them freed up though. Out of the ~5 I have owned, all had the forks either worn out or welded solid. If you don't mind the look, go grab a 200x front end and upgrade it :P.

big specht
04-15-2015, 09:01 PM
It's pretty much normal for the forks to be junk the only set I seen that were good were on a bike that came from California