PDA

View Full Version : Do not mess with Tucson Police

Mr. Clean
04-15-2015, 06:16 PM
More specifically do not rob a convenience store in Tucson (Marana) , break into a church, invade a home, steal a car then a rifle from Wal-Mart.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwS7FNfBO38&app=desktop

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/15/mario-valencia-armed-suspect-flies-through-air-aft/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

If you read the article the attorney says they used excessive force :crazy: I think the use of force directly matched the crimes committed and hazard to John Q Public by this lunatic. :Bounce

RIDE-RED 250r
04-15-2015, 06:34 PM
Agree.. but unfortunately this our society is systematically removing risk and consequences for crime.

This has garnered national attention now and most likely the media will turn this into a BS racial circus and he will end up better off in the end as a result of his "police brutality" lawsuit...

El Camexican
04-15-2015, 06:51 PM
Too bad the car was to busted up to finish the job. Sounds like he might live.

Racer-X
04-15-2015, 07:26 PM
Wow, that's crazy. I agree that the suspect is a p.o.s. and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Notice I said "law". I don't believe what he did to him was law full at all. That was wreckless and uncalled for. I mean, he even coulda hurt himself. Why isn't shooting someone or running them down in cold blood the last resort? Why was it the 1st call of action? That 1st officer should have warned him with a bullhorn or a shot in the air but he didnt have time to do anything before the 3rd car flies in and hits him. There's a lot of good cops out there getting a bad rap because of guys like that. That wasn't protecting and serving. Threes no way his fellow officers would have let him do that.

El Camexican
04-15-2015, 07:50 PM
Why isn't shooting someone or running them down in cold blood the last resort?

I'm guessing it's because cops don't get paid enough to talk into the barrel of an already smoking gun.

What the hell ever happened to respecting "Put your hands behind your head and drop to your knees"?

I've had more than one cop approach me with his hand on his right hip and as heated up as I was at those times I knew it meant that I was being sized up for a problem I wasn't going to reason my self out of if I didn't stop what I was doing and listen to the man with the badge. That said, cops have bad days too, but I sure as hell don't want to be the guy that puts one over the top the day he got his divorce papers handed to him.

Like it or not laws exist for a reason and good or bad it's up to the cops to uphold them at the street level. The minute any of us decides to dispute them outside of a court room anything goes. If you don't believe me just watch the video again. A school mate suffered the same fate at the age of 16 trying to out run a car on an XR80. "STOP!" means stop.

Jwheeler
04-16-2015, 11:00 AM
Hey the cop was doing his/her job. The gene pool needs to be level out sometimes. And that's one way of doing it.Hats off to those hard working honest people out there!:naughty:

yaegerb
04-16-2015, 11:33 AM
wonder what the verdict would be if that happened in Ferguson?

ironchop
04-16-2015, 12:23 PM
.... This has garnered national attention now and most likely the media will turn this into a BS racial circus and he will end up better off in the end as a result of his "police brutality" lawsuit...

I doubt it really......the media only cars if black folk, Liberal women, or gay folk are being persecuted.

They have no heart for our fairer brown buddies from the southern half of the hemisphere because the "anti-racists" and racists both are selective about whom they hate, love, or defend.....you know, Equality and all that......wait, I spelled Equality wrong....it`s actually spelled H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y.....sorry bout that

Edit to say:

I never could understand running from the cops. Name one person who`s been successful at this tactic........I want to meet the guy who says "I`m not goin down easy. I`m gonna make them chase me around, shoot at me, tase me, beat the shyte out of me, throw a knee into my spine, scream into my ear to stop resisting, and handcuff me with extreme prejudice."........yeah that sounds like a lot more fun to me too.

ironchop
04-16-2015, 12:56 PM
I'm guessing it's because cops don't get paid enough to talk into the barrel of an already smoking gun.
What the hell ever happened to respecting "Put your hands behind your head and drop to your knees"?.

I respectfully disagree with some of this

Cops make a lot more than people think but that`s irrelevant....What is relevant is that nobody forces them to do the job. I am tired of police inventing their own protocol on the fly using the tired and pathetic excuse that "I feared for myself and my partner`s safety".....If you fear for your safety that much that the lives of civilians are merely dispensible in order to protect your own as if you are somehow worth more to society than the rest of us, then perhaps they should find a different line of work. If a person or child had been coming out from behind that pickup truck while Robocop was "doin his job" this would be a radically different story. Considering that there have been NUMEROUS innocent people killed by Rambo cops "pursuing suspects", I completely disagree with using your patrol car as a weapon and I can introduce any of you to a couple I know who lost their daughter here in town because a local officer was using his patrol car as a weapon (with no lights or siren) and instead t-boned a 19 yr old girl and killed her......and kept his F$%&ing job. One qiuick internet search will garner the names of many more innocent bystanders killed by cops who were chasing someone else. They need to be reigned in.

This isn`t Thunderdome

on the other, what happened to respecting our right to due process? Just because your wife hasn't pleased you in a month or so and your mom-in-law wont leave your basement does not give you the right to go to work and act a fool with a multitude of weapons because boohoo.

I agree that there are a lot of people that have a problem respecting the Law but I can honestly say the Police are losing tons of respect from law abiding people who are tired of hearing how the police are terrified to leave their patrol cars or make a sketchy arrest so shoot first ask questions later.

I wonder what will happen when firemen, EMTs, and soldiers start trying the same excuse.......oh yeah, some soldiers did.....in Iraq.....and they were sentenced to PRISON for killing unarmed people.....in a war zone whereas the streets of America are not a war zone. So our security contractors abroad are held to higher standards in foreign shyteholes than our own officers domestically are not usually.....the difference is soldiers abroad in a war are not/ should not be expected to respect the civil rights of the citizenry and the police are. This is why the military is not used to police Americans (yet). If the police start acting like they are military then what is the point of the Constitution or the Bill of Rights?.......just because the lesser person is acting like a soulless punk doesn`t mean youre justified to act in the same manner. That`s what is supposed to separate the worthless from the worthy

Now IMO, that butthole in AZ should have been shot dead for what he was doing. One or two bullets from police pose a lot less threat to the public than a patrol car piloted by some jacked-up badge whom has already been sued before for excessive force....If you are carrying a gun around pointing and shooting it, you sealed your own fate and I DO NOT feel sorry for you when you get shot by the police but there are protocols in place that must be followed by these cops because that`s what a fair and free justice system does. You don`t like respecting rules or civil rights then move your ass to China. I`m sure they need cops too.

The Bill of Rights is not negotiable or conditional contrary to the currently held beliefs of many who don`t understand the cost of a Free Society

American soldiers face FAR more danger everyday than any of these officers do and I don`t hear any soldiers constantly crying about their fears on tv right after they blast a "perp".

poolieZerUK
04-16-2015, 01:23 PM
I love it......NAILED HIM ! He`s a zoner and you can`t be too careful with them ! He used his cop tires , cop shocks , and cop motor .......and he does`nt like zoners !

You forgot to mention bull bar

Top quality police work there and to be expected,

I would have thought that a clip full of 9mm rounds in the back of this guy been more of a contemporary and cheaper option

RIDE-RED 250r
04-16-2015, 04:19 PM
Ironchop, you make a valid argument about using the car as a weapon and the possibility of putting innocent bystanders at risk because of it. And yes, it is not the usual way of subduing an armed suspect that will not comply.

However, the same can be said about exchanging gunfire too. Criminals are tough because frankly, they do not obey laws and lawful orders given them by LEO's. They are unpredictable.

Questions remain to be answered in this incident for sure. It looks to be a residential neighborhood and it's difficult to tell what is in the area that may have been out of frame of the dash-cam. There may have been a good reason for this cop to do what he did based on things he assessed that were not in view of the camera. There are any number of possibilities, kids in a front yard, a playground, or any other type of bystander that might have been in imminent danger.

I support good LEO's, and I do not deny there are bad ones out there too. My stance is that after a full investigation if this incident is complete (just as there would be in any "use of deadly force" incident), if this officer was found to be negligent in his duties, he should be prosecuted. Police officers have the same rights as anyone and I think there should be an investigation into this incident with due process. Either way, this assailant seems to have gotten what he was asking for by his actions, so it appears that we are debating the method as opposed to the result.

I respectfully disagree with you that hispanics are not included in the "protected class" by the race baiters in this country. They may not be as much in the forefront as others, but make no mistake, they are included. We are called racist because we call for and support controlling our border, orderly immigration, and no amnesty for those who are here illegally now. Racism against hispanics has been placed squarely at the center of the immigration debate by the progressive left, has been since the Bush administration and before.

Another thought I have and just a hunch/question: I wonder if incidents of "police brutality" are REALLY on the rise, or if it is simply that more incidents are being brought to the level of national attention by an agenda driven media???? Think about it, of the last several stories of possible police brutality that have made nationwide headlines, as far as I recall, all have been a white cop vs a non-white suspect. And the usual suspect race baiters have made a big racial issue of it. It's almost like the media goes out of their way to find a story that fits the template of racist police officers on the hunt for some person of color other than white to brutalize.

Or maybe, the overall contempt that certain segments of society hold for LEO's is what is REALLY on the rise and more people are acting on it than in the past?? This would obviously have an effect on the frequency and severity of force utilized by the police.

But in summary: No, I do not want LOE's out there playing Rambo and whatnot. Those types of officers should be weeded out. And I do not believe in a police state. But I feel that we are on the path to a police state not because of the officers themselves, but the tyrannical politicians who make the laws that officers are bound by their oaths to uphold. (even though countless politicians violate their oaths to the constitution making these very laws to begin with)

RIDE-RED 250r
04-16-2015, 04:32 PM
OK, I found a video from one of the other squad cars. I think it sheds some light.. Early in the vid the suspect threatens to take his own life by putting the rifle barrel under his chin. Worth a watch I think..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvspr2riMNM

After seeing this vid it doesn't seem like a residential area... But more like a business area. Still appears that other people could have been fairly easily put at risk.

I wonder, it seems as though this guy was looking to commit suicide by cop. Maybe this cop figured the guy had a better chance of surviving being hit by a car than getting into a gunfight??

El Camexican
04-16-2015, 06:37 PM
I respectfully disagree with some of this

Cops make a lot more than people think but that`s irrelevant....What is relevant is that nobody forces them to do the job. I am tired of police inventing their own protocol on the fly using the tired and pathetic excuse that "I feared for myself and my partner`s safety".....If you fear for your safety that much that the lives of civilians are merely dispensible in order to protect your own as if you are somehow worth more to society than the rest of us, then perhaps they should find a different line of work. If a person or child had been coming out from behind that pickup truck while Robocop was "doin his job" this would be a radically different story. Considering that there have been NUMEROUS innocent people killed by Rambo cops "pursuing suspects", I completely disagree with using your patrol car as a weapon and I can introduce any of you to a couple I know who lost their daughter here in town because a local officer was using his patrol car as a weapon (with no lights or siren) and instead t-boned a 19 yr old girl and killed her......and kept his F$%&ing job. One qiuick internet search will garner the names of many more innocent bystanders killed by cops who were chasing someone else. They need to be reigned in.

This isn`t Thunderdome

on the other, what happened to respecting our right to due process? Just because your wife hasn't pleased you in a month or so and your mom-in-law wont leave your basement does not give you the right to go to work and act a fool with a multitude of weapons because boohoo.

I agree that there are a lot of people that have a problem respecting the Law but I can honestly say the Police are losing tons of respect from law abiding people who are tired of hearing how the police are terrified to leave their patrol cars or make a sketchy arrest so shoot first ask questions later.

I wonder what will happen when firemen, EMTs, and soldiers start trying the same excuse.......oh yeah, some soldiers did.....in Iraq.....and they were sentenced to PRISON for killing unarmed people.....in a war zone whereas the streets of America are not a war zone. So our security contractors abroad are held to higher standards in foreign shyteholes than our own officers domestically are not usually.....the difference is soldiers abroad in a war are not/ should not be expected to respect the civil rights of the citizenry and the police are. This is why the military is not used to police Americans (yet). If the police start acting like they are military then what is the point of the Constitution or the Bill of Rights?.......just because the lesser person is acting like a soulless punk doesn`t mean youre justified to act in the same manner. That`s what is supposed to separate the worthless from the worthy

Now IMO, that butthole in AZ should have been shot dead for what he was doing. One or two bullets from police pose a lot less threat to the public than a patrol car piloted by some jacked-up badge whom has already been sued before for excessive force....If you are carrying a gun around pointing and shooting it, you sealed your own fate and I DO NOT feel sorry for you when you get shot by the police but there are protocols in place that must be followed by these cops because that`s what a fair and free justice system does. You don`t like respecting rules or civil rights then move your ass to China. I`m sure they need cops too.

The Bill of Rights is not negotiable or conditional contrary to the currently held beliefs of many who don`t understand the cost of a Free Society

American soldiers face FAR more danger everyday than any of these officers do and I don`t hear any soldiers constantly crying about their fears on tv right after they blast a "perp".

My simplified view of this is that a crazed lunatic was discharging a firearm in a populated area. Letting him free range in that condition could have lead to a hostage situation or worse and firing at him in that setting could have just as easily killed an innocent, so they did the next best thing, nailed him with a car. The cop may have been a lot smarter that anyone is thinking. As far as I know vehicular homicide is about the easiest rap to beat and the least punished when it comes to wrongful death cases. As long as you're sober that is.

Ever see those commercials where the guys says: "Could have had a V8"? Well that guy did!:lol:

ironchop
04-16-2015, 09:19 PM
He (the rifle totin suspect) was definitely a threat to the safety of the public and needed to be dealt with with extreme prejudice. I just disagree with making up new and creative ways to "apprehend" someone. I think this sets a poor precedent.

I don`t think the officer should be prosecuted at all.....quite the contrary....He basically waved his right not to get killed when we was walking around shooting off a gun and robbing people. Even if he killed him with the car, he still would have been killed by gunfire anyway for doing that so I don`t see this as unnecessary force. I see it as reckless and irresponsible. Two different things. I would feel the same way had the suspect run into an abandoned home to hide and the cops set it on fire with him inside.

our Idiot nation has tons of stupid rules to go by in order to legally execute a convicted killer but if you decide to kill an unconvicted suspect, you apparently can make up the method or methods and the amount of suffering is suddenly irrelevant...I don`t agree and it also seems completely backwards

I don`t think there are more incidents of police brutality today than in the past. Today we have 24-7 news feeds and cellphone cameras. It just appears to the layman that there are more problems because we are much more tuned in to what is goin on all over the entire world whereas in the past not so much.

This officer was ex NYPD, not a native AZ officer so I don`t think he represents AZ tactics or protocol. NYPD has a colorful past.

I also don`t think there is a prevelance of "bad" cops.....there are a few, yes, but in a lot of cases perfectly sound men and women are trained to be on edge and aggressive. My friend Brandon just graduated State Police Academy. We had quite a few conversations about todays tactics and he reports that one instructor stood out to him because he told the class that when they approach a stopped vehicle, they should "already preparing yourself to kill the person in the car" (he claims these were the exact words).....now what the instructor meant was that a routine traffic stop could go horribly wrong at any point and the officer could be killed in the line of duty. The problem Brandon saw, and I agreed, is that this mindset isn`t conducive to observing the right of due process to people and especially how things can escalate unintentionally like in the case where the "suspect" is having a diabetic attack or other medical issue that prevents him/her from understanding or obeying police orders. The result would be an injured or killed civilian as a result of taught tactics.

IMO this is how a police state escalates. We have taught cops that it`s Us vs. Them and in order for them to have a safe and happy life and raise a family that they must be prepared to murder any of us at a moment`s notice and without hesitation. This is unacceptable to me. I`m not messing with anyone, doing any crime, hurting anyone else and therefore I am not disposable because some officer didn`t like how quickly I comply with his orders.

For every potential criminal we can judge from the comfort of our living rooms, there is another innocent person somewhere who got the very same brutality for no deserved reason. Until we can make sure that doesn`t happen, I`m not about to give ANY cop carte blanche without protocol and I never want to see another two parents bury their daughter "because it was necessary"

Honestly, I think the guy WANTED the officers to kill him. He seemed to have been behaving intentionally reckless because he wanted to die

redsox
04-17-2015, 08:46 AM
Maybe the cop didn't wanna go toe to toe with a guy with a long arm while only carrying a pistol. Maybe it wasn't the day he wanted to enter mortal combat in a "fair" fight. Maybe he had a hot wife at home. Maybe he had a 250r and a dog and a fridge full of good beer, and was just a normal dude that didn't wanna get killed by this arsehole on Monday. maybe he didn't get a chance to google earth the neighborhood, assess the demographics, gather the statistics regarding the density of residents/businesses, gather the history of the suspect, analyze his mental health past, his combat/marksmanship/weapons training, weather of not he was a good neighbor/student, or if he had skittles in his pocket. Maybe the cop was scared trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro of getting killed so he made the fight as unfair as he could to save the public from a gun toting psycho. But maybe not. Most likely, the cop was a crazed, barbaric, thug,, hell-bent on brutally killing a mentally ill citizen that needed nothing more than a hug, an EBT card, and some trazadone. The cop was probably upset the guy didn't die. Probably gets his balls broken by the other barbarian cops about not being able to kill in cold blood for no reason. Maybe on his next shift he'll be lucky enough to kill someone.