PDA

View Full Version : Cool Tri-cycle

Jeb
01-18-2004, 02:02 PM
Santa brought my 4 year old daughter this for christmas. (she turned 5 Jan 2) Santa found it at ToysRUs unassembled for $49. :D We've always got such a kick out of watching her ride her regular tri-cycle and try to keep up with bigger kids on their bikes. She's very aggressive and rides her regular tri-cycle very fast. Its funny. So Santa and Mrs. Claus couldn't pass this up for her. Santa's scared now he won't be able to get her to ride a regular bicycle. :shock: :D

Anyway, this thing is cool! She's now getting used to the hand brake and the free wheel crank. It's fast, the bigger kids like it too. anybody else have one for their kids? She can actually pitch it into a slide when turning. The one we have looks a bit different than this one. It has a better looking handlebar and lower profile rear tires. I had a "hot-cycle" plastic trike like this when i was little if anyone else remembers those. This thing is well made and should last years.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/razorama/razscreammac.html

Tri-Z Pilot
01-18-2004, 02:44 PM
Man, now I want one,lol!

hondatrikesrule22
01-18-2004, 04:28 PM
I rode one through academy till they told us to stop.I didn't want to leave lol :shock: .The only thing I didn't like was the rubber tire up front and plastic ones in the rear.

Nuthinspecial
01-18-2004, 08:40 PM
I don't remember a "hot cycle" but I remember riding the hell of many a "big wheels"! Remember those little "e-brake" slides? Damn those things were fun! Maybe if they start bring ing these back, and kids love them, this might be the first step to bringing back the powered versions of the same???

Jeb
01-19-2004, 02:19 PM
Yeah, when I first saw it, I thought they should have put different tires on the back. but those slick plastic tires are what gives it it's slide-ability. the little pneumatic tire,hand brake and free wheel crank set up on the front is pretty trick. I was thinking how cool a custom one would be with go-kart racing aluminum wheels and low-profile tires on the back. :D

Tri-Z Pilot
01-19-2004, 03:27 PM
I think I am going to start my own hot cycle circuit, like in Revenge of the Nerds, you have to chug a beer every lap, who's with me?lol!

nate b
01-20-2004, 12:30 PM
got one kind of like that for my daughter too but mine has rear suspension. and its orange