PDA

View Full Version : 83 yt 125 tri moto

TheSchreibs
04-23-2015, 10:10 AM
Hey everyone! just joined the 3 wheeler world this last week

picked up an old tri moto 125 for 100. its kinda rough lookin but it started, ran and shifted through the gears.

only problems it has is that it would run good for a minute or 2 then would bog out and the rear brakes were tight

Was thinking maybe the old girl was getting tired and needing a rebuid till i was messing around with it last night and it would run on carb cleaner but not under its own power. i cleaned the petcock for my own sake and it gets gas to the carb amazingly. ive cleaned the carb good a few times and it still has the stock 200 jet in it. adjusted the float where it should be so that should be all well. Gets really good spark, the plug is wet after pulling a bunch of times. i had put relatively new gas in it from this winter so it shouldnt be bad at all. Carb junk??

and the rear brakes i took apart last night and both the cables will barely move so im trying to save money and lube them up, the foot brake lever was also frozen to the mounting bolt so thats soaking in pb blaster as we speak.

any tips with these?

also it is running on premix but i dont think its got the block off plate bc the hose is still hanging out there capped off

thanks
MIke

BigHarp99
04-23-2015, 09:25 PM
I have one of these that run amazing, but now needs some transmission work.

awesomedad
04-24-2015, 04:23 PM
I have a couple yt125's and in low gear you can climb a wall with it! You need to see if the oil pump is blocked off with a plate, if not you can burn the pump up. I have done the agent WD40 cable a few times, good luck. I still have the bottom half of a 125 engine taking up a little space.

TheSchreibs
04-27-2015, 03:39 PM
well got it figured out last week, would run if i sprayed the backside of the base gasket with brake clean. took it apart and sure trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro the base gasket was leaking good. so cylinder got honed since it was in great shape to freshen it up, new oem rings, sprockets and brake pads. lubing up the cables as we speak, the foot brake cable came free just working on the hand brake. also gotta get a block off ordered too shoot forgot about that. going to put a twist throttle on that i have laying around