PDA

View Full Version : Tri moto 175 help

EnVknives
04-23-2015, 07:50 PM
Okay, so I just got this tri moto 175 and when I would shift into 3rd gear it would slow down and not go faster. There isn't an air filter either. I'm going to get one. The guy I got it off of said it is a brand new carb. Would that fix it?

Also, it is bored. Do I have to wind all the way through 2nd?

EnVknives
04-23-2015, 08:00 PM
(Edit) I think that it might be sucking to much air into the carb. But, Im not to sure. I'm new to three wheelers.

EnVknives
04-24-2015, 11:04 AM
Can anyone tell me?

briano
04-24-2015, 12:50 PM
Keep riding with no air filter and then you'll definitely be able to see what's wrong with it.

Should have tested it before you bought it. The guy didn't know what it was and claims its bored to an oversize. Any proof? Or just counting on the dude that spray painted a three wheeler and told you it's ready to go?

awesomedad
04-24-2015, 01:18 PM
Can anyone tell me?
I'v got 3 of the 175's and they all had that problem. There are 3 things that can do it. Yes 1 of the problems could be too much air, or if the rear tires are too tall then the gear ratio would be wrong and it would bog down until you get the rpm's up. The 3rd problem I had with one was the exhaust was mostly pluged and built up too much back pressure so the engine would just bog down. Do a compression test, check the plug for lean burn, and start it up and see if the exhaust is flowing freely when you rev the engine. If the tires are too tall, not over 21 inches, maybe 22 at the very most, you can buy a front engine sprocket to lower the gearing. It's alot cheeper than buying tires. More flo more go!

EnVknives
04-26-2015, 06:13 PM
Okay, I know it isn't the tires. I don't think it is the exhaust either. I'm going to try the air filter.

EnVknives
04-26-2015, 07:00 PM
There isn't proof. I'm new and I want to start getting into three wheelers. I want to fix it up and restore it. It was 200 dollars. I'm willing to spend the money to restore it and fix it.