PDA

View Full Version : Canadian small town Rant

fordnut79@hotma
04-28-2015, 03:22 PM
Don't know if this is the right place to post this but.......

Ive been into trikes since like 1981 and have had a few over the years; currently trying to build a 3rd gen R. Maybe its just me but there are a lot of elitist fools out there thinking their stuff is unobtanium. A Local guy wants 580 bucks for a bare frame with a crappy spraybombed paint job! And he thinks he is giving me a deal because it is 'rare and hard to come by'. WTF.

And yet another member of our fine fraternity has received a sizable money order from me with the promise of sending me rare tires... almost a month ago...with nothing but excuses to show. Trying to be positive and give him a chance...

I'm trying keep positive and enjoy my build but, when my trike is done I don't want to look at it with a head full of memories in the back of my head like ''oh, here's a frame, from that a$$hat that I spent 580 on plus another 250 in paint and powder '' , and oh ''theres a set of tires I had to fight months for.etc,etc. "The ''250r'' legend has gotten out of hand. The experience of finding parts shouldnt sour the fun! Don't get me wrong I am not a cheap ass, i would spend 300 on a good frame, but some peeps have like 1 or 2 250r parts and cant let go of a dream that wont ever happen.(but they have a part of it)
And for what? when I am done "I" become one of these Buttholes because I'm bitter from spending so much.

You southwestern US guys have it good with high numbers of mint parts at reasonable prices.
This is more of a Canadian small town phenomenon I think but come on folks get real!!

This is Seriously eating into my enjoyment of things.

What do you think? Lets hear some opinions from other Canucks

Pic below of 580 dollar frame. He's got to cut the 2x4 just to get it out. ..........WOW!

Mr. Clean
04-28-2015, 05:17 PM
I am not a Canuck............but I would make him throw in Big Bird if I was going to pay $580 for a 250r frame.

MRBIGWHEELZ
04-28-2015, 05:45 PM
pricey for sure ......but its hard to build one without the frame....what guys are asking for and getting in some cases is stupid to me to...but you don't have a frame and i'm sure if it came to selling what you had it would be hard to let go ....really why waste your time on a 250r get a TPC its at the point there almost the same price by the time your done .....parts a plenty