PDA

View Full Version : any car audio experts here?

threewheelin-feelin
05-04-2015, 11:00 PM
ok so i just too my stock head unit out of a bose equipped 03 silverado. i installed my jvc head unit and sub and 300w amp out of my 07 non bose silverado. when i first hooked it up it sounded very bad. the stock bose amp was over powering my aftermarket amp and sub. so i started trying to find away to by pass the bose amp and run the speakers right off my head unit. i ended up finding another plug behind the hvac system that my head unit plug into and boom it sounds great now. im guessing this bypassed the amp....so my question is does anyone know what i have plugged into and will it cause any problems???

Thorpe
05-04-2015, 11:57 PM
Expert, no... But typically, when you get the correct wiring harness for your vehicle, it will have a harness to bypass the factory amp (if the vehicle is so equipped) Factory harness may have a plug for either option (or so it sounds on your pickup)

threewheelin-feelin
05-05-2015, 11:49 PM
Expert, no... But typically, when you get the correct wiring harness for your vehicle, it will have a harness to bypass the factory amp (if the vehicle is so equipped) Factory harness may have a plug for either option (or so it sounds on your pickup)

i was thinking that but what was weird is it was plugged into another connector. i couldnt see what it was but it may have been a dummy plug i guess