PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Honda big red and 250 sx aftermarket exhaust options

cory g
05-05-2015, 05:49 PM
Hi everyone,
I recently bought 2 three wheelers a couple of weeks ago, a 1985 Honda big red and a 1985 Honda 250sx. Both of them run great, but they sound kind of wimpy, so I would love to put a aftermarket exhaust on them to make them sound a little beefier. I have been looking at the DG exhaust systems but cant find one to fit my 3 wheelers. I heard that you could modify them to go on, but I don't know how much modifying it would take, or what the best exhaust system to start with would be? If anyone has any pics of there aftermarkets exhausts on there trikes and would like to share them, I would love to see them.

Thanks for the help,
Cory

tri again
05-06-2015, 05:14 PM
oooh, GREAT duo of trikes.
We should all have at least one of each.
Try search key for 'exhaust'.
From 20 bucks for a ford tractor muffler to
hundreds for aftermarket or rusty oem.

Any 'performance' mods may have you in carb jetting purgatory
trying different jets for weeks.
They run so good, I leave them alone.
Also consider race exhaust types may not be forest service approved so you
couldn't ride on public lands between spark arrest and the decible police.

cory g
05-07-2015, 11:30 AM
Thanks!! yeah I love them. I'm not too sure if I want to mess with them. I got my big red from a pistachio farmer in Orland California. It was in pretty ruff shape when I got it, it ran ok but kind of spit and sputtered so I did a complete tune up and rebuilt the carb, now it runs perfectly, I don't really want to be messing with it all the time trying to get it to run right. The 250sx ran perfectly science the day I got it. I think I should just leave them.

tri again
05-09-2015, 01:38 PM
Thanks!! yeah I love them. I'm not too sure if I want to mess with them. I got my big red from a pistachio farmer in Orland California. It was in pretty ruff shape when I got it, it ran ok but kind of spit and sputtered so I did a complete tune up and rebuilt the carb, now it runs perfectly, I don't really want to be messing with it all the time trying to get it to run right. The 250sx ran perfectly science the day I got it. I think I should just leave them.

10-4.
We have a standing joke around here.
WHY why why did we fix it???
It ran Great!!
When will we ever learn.?

Glad you got some good machines.
I simply cannot live without a few sx / es models but love 'em all in their own way.

Don't get me wrong. I love outsmarting engineers but there comes a time when,
"runs great" is simply good enough for me.