PDA

View Full Version : '80 honda atc 110 rebuild

tylermaylone
05-08-2015, 09:50 AM
Original problem: atc was heating up alot at the head cover and leaking a little oil at same place after about 30 min of pulling a sled in low gear. Would also bog down and now pull very well.

I figured with it getting so hot, maybe it's the piston trying to seize or bad valves? I don't know. But I tore the top end down and I can't tell what looks bad. Everything looks real clean, no smells, cylinder bore looks round. Any help to tell me what to look at would be great!

Do these things just get hot that quick? The oil leak was probably a bad gasket or seal. It has a brand new carb on it, running reg gas. The sled weighs about 120# but pulling on smooth dirt or grass.

shortline10
05-08-2015, 10:40 AM
New rings and gaskets , Premium fuel , ignition timing spot on , carburetor set correctly , heavy duty clutch springs and 4 stroke synthetic wet clutch motor oil sounds like what's needed to me . :)

tylermaylone
05-08-2015, 12:03 PM
Great! I'll try all that. Anything else I should be concerned about while it's torn down? If everything looks real clean and smooth, nothing looks burnt. But my knowledge is very limited.

oscarmayer
05-11-2015, 09:10 AM
Timing chain guide and go ahead and get a valve job done with new valves and seals. You. Plus even get a web cam and spring set for even more grunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk