PDA

View Full Version : 250sx Fuel Boiling

Higdonaw
05-11-2015, 03:56 PM
I hauled a load of rock on a small garden trailer yesterday on my 86' 250sx. The engine got very hot needless to say. The fuel was boiling in the tank and in the inline fuel filter. Is this common or could it have something to do with contaminated gas or the coating in the tank itself? It was an incredible workout for this bike but I didn't think that it was too much for it. The load was balanced with minimal tongue pressure. Just curious on your thoughts. Thanks!

daren1093251
05-11-2015, 09:12 PM
It's normal, always happens to me on a warm humid day. If you want to stop this from happening go to an automotive store they sell a kind of tape/cloth (whatever you prefer) that keeps the heat in. I wrapped my header with the tape and the bottom of my gas tank and it never boiled again. Personally I find the tape stuff better because you don't need some wire to hold it in place. Just clean and apply!

My 2c.

ugethergoinyet
05-11-2015, 10:45 PM
is the 250sx known for giving off dangerous amounts of heat????? When i bought mine the mudflap and the airbox were melted.. i dont feel like burning myself this summer

Racer-X
05-12-2015, 01:25 AM
Oddly enough Gas can start to boil in as low as 100 degrees but I never heard of that happening in the gas tank on any type of bike in my personal experience. Maybe it has happened to me too and I never noticed. Higher octane gas burns hotter but i never seen it boiling. Try putting 93 octane in it maybe? I dont know if that will help but i run high octane in literally everything. Even my weed wacker and leaf blower and have never had a problem. I do know this.... The premium gas is the "only" grade of gas that actually has to pass a test and prove that is at least the octane that they claim. but all the other grades (crap gas) could be way lower than what they actually claim. They don't have to pass a test to prove it. And believe me, if they can cheat you out of 1/10th of a penny they will.