PDA

View Full Version : 200S Advice/Help

TCJim
05-17-2015, 06:46 PM
Hello, I am a new member from Traverse City, Michigan...my name is Jim. I recently purchased a 200x with a 200s engine, I got it home and unstuck the throttle, changed the oil, installed new plug, bought new carb and it fired right up and ran strong. Long story short, it smokes pretty bad. I decided to rebuild the engine and pretty much replace the seat cover, plastics Etc... anyhow, I got the motor out, took the piston out and it is a stock 1st piston that didn't look too bad and the rings looked pretty good, When I look at the bottom of the valves, one is pretty clean, one is crusty pretty bad. I was going to have the cylinder bored one size up and send the head out to have a machine shop go through it (I found a place on Ebay that claims to be pretty good for 139 dollars plus shipping). The cylinder wall looks decent, no gouges. I was wondering first, what could be making it smoke so bad if the rings look okay and secondly, is it worth it to end up dumping 1000 dollars into this thing?

Thanks!
Jim

yaegerb
05-17-2015, 07:09 PM
It needs a bore and new rings plus new valve seals.....new valves wouldn't hurt either. Send me the head with new valves and seals and I can rebuild the head for you. Send me a PM if interested