PDA

View Full Version : Tecate 3 for sale on ebay

dzolalaw
05-21-2015, 06:54 AM
There is a new post regarding the Tecate 3 on eBay. Many of the comments to the post are questioning the price and seem to be of the opinion that the current bid is too high. As of this morning, it is up to $7,000.00 and there are still 3 days left on the auction. So, my question is, if the price is too high, can someone show other current Tecate 3's listed for sale to compare it to? Can someone post other 86-87 T3's for sale period? I am not the owner of the bike or anyway affiliated to him/her. I am a new member to the forum and I have been looking for a Tecate 3 but have had no luck whatsoever, and so watching this auction closely. It's pretty crazy when a search of the worldwide web only results in one 86-87 T3. Has anyone seen recent listings?

Drakesfear
05-22-2015, 01:43 PM
Unfortunately it worth what someone wants to pay. If someone it willing to shell out $7000, then it don't matter if you or anyone thinks that's too much. A sad tale, but true. A real collector or someone like that could be willing to pay the premium for a machine in that condition.

Mr. Clean
05-22-2015, 01:56 PM
Unfortunately it worth what someone wants to pay. If someone it willing to shell out $7000, then it don't matter if you or anyone thinks that's too much. A sad tale, but true. A real collector or someone like that could be willing to pay the premium for a machine in that condition.

Why is it a sad tale?

Drakesfear
05-22-2015, 06:23 PM
It's a sad tale for dzolalaw who sounds like he wanted it but not for that much. :)

fieldy
05-23-2015, 12:19 AM
Its about breakeven buying a nice one or fixing one to be a nice one. If you count all your time including searching and studying them i would have been better off to o' well the money out. Researchin is alot of time and I've ended up now i got two to restore. For some reason though, I wouldn't enjoy a bought one as much and prolly wouldn't ride it. Something I build, I know it is gonna be dependable. Whats right though is do it yourself if you want it done right.

I wonder if these collector three wheelers will bring what they are bringing now in 10 years once all the 80's teens are done with them (not us). A corvette is always gonna be a corvette though.

Buy it and spend more time making money and riding or
build it and; " You:p..... built this? You must be crazy man."
"Wait a minute, let me get this started and then you'll see crazy man"

thestud25
05-23-2015, 12:09 PM
This trike was just down the road from me, and I needed a kill switch so I stopped in to check it out. It is a very clean bike, and worth the money. The owner is a great guy as well.216278 216279

nd4speed
05-24-2015, 04:19 PM
One by me that needed a lot of work sold for $550 but no where near that condition. One guy said he was piecing one together part by part from scratch and has spent $5000 and is not done yet.

I would sell all my T3 everything (one running, one in pieces, extras) for half that but you still could not build one that nice with what I have.

I think $7000 is too much for me but it just depends on who you are and how much you have and are willing to spend.

AmandaL
11-24-2015, 11:21 AM
Hi....were you serious about being willing to sell your 86 T3?

nd4speed
11-24-2015, 04:45 PM
it is sold, I had people from all over the country ask to buy it.