PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Yamaha Blaster lots of white smoke and sluggish power? Help please?

d.walker43
05-24-2015, 04:21 PM
Hey guys. My buddy's Yamaha Blaster is causing problems. We put a brand new top end on it. Now it runs, but it smokes a TON of white smoke and the power is very sluggish. The higher gear/rev it's in, the more it smokes. I've heard it might be crank seals, but we already replaced the main one. Is there multiple ones? Is this for sure our problem? We've gone through nearly the entire engine, we r both getting sick of working on it. Any ideas how to get this thing trail-ready? Any help at all is appreciated. Thanks

yaegerb
05-24-2015, 04:29 PM
Are you pre-mixing the oil and gas or does he still have the oil injection hooked up?

bansheekx
05-24-2015, 04:55 PM
When you say you changed the main crank seal did you change the stator side or the primary drive gear side? Check to see if your gearbox oil is disappearing, if it is then most likely it's sucking gearbox oil through a bad/leaky crank seal.

d.walker43
05-24-2015, 08:44 PM
1: we pre-mix the mixture, Idk if oil injection works or not but we don't use it. We pre-mix mixture and put oil in the crankcase but that's it.

2: we replaced the primary drive gear side, today we took off the cover on the stator side, but didn't get past that. Today we were more focused on an old enduro that's been out there in a barn for like 20 years, 1972 Suzuki TS50. I'll ask my buddy if he noticed any oil loss, we r pretty sure it's coming from the crankcase because that's the only place where there is pure oil, and that's whats shootin out the exhaust.

yaegerb
05-24-2015, 10:19 PM
So you disconnected the oil injection? What premix ratio are you using?

d.walker43
05-25-2015, 03:31 PM
So you disconnected the oil injection? What premix ratio are you using? we personally didn't do it, but the previous owner did. He had it taken to a shop and removed. Also, premix ratio is 32:1. The previous owner said he always used that and it worked great

yaegerb
05-25-2015, 06:03 PM
Hmmmm, guess it may be a crank case seal then.