PDA

View Full Version : Power King drill press model 611

Jmoozy27
05-27-2015, 09:52 AM
I was gonna post this in the bushcraft tools section but it didn't seem to fit the bill:

216431 216432 216433

Plucked it off of craigslist this morning for $50. Everything looks original except the switch and plug. It seems to have been built and sold in the early 1940's and has a lot of life left. I can only imagine that this could have assisted in the defeat of the axis powers. Wishful thinking but... I love old stuff like this that still works.

If anyone has any more info on this I would like to know more about it. Feel free to post up some of your antique tools that you still use. They dont make them like they used to.

onformula1
05-27-2015, 04:58 PM
That's cool, I used to have one just like it, I bought it in 1998 at a garage sale for $20 bucks cleaned it up and used it a ton in my shop unfortunately a few years ago it started cracking in the casting on the main head part, once it completely died I gave it to a good friend that has the same unit for spare parts, it still lives!

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Dirtcrasher
05-27-2015, 05:05 PM
Nice old American iron.

We actually use to make really good stuff!!

Jmoozy27
05-27-2015, 10:40 PM
That's cool, I used to have one just like it, I bought it in 1998 at a garage sale for $20 bucks cleaned it up and used it a ton in my shop unfortunately a few years ago it started cracking in the casting on the main head part, once it completely died I gave it to a good friend that has the same unit for spare parts, it still lives!

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

I used it to remove a broken head bolt earlier and it works really well.

onformula1
05-28-2015, 01:46 AM
They are great drill presses, they aren't Harbor Freight, but they are pretty good! :lol:

I had a buddy that found one with no motor and missing some parts, so he made a simple arbor type press with it, great for light duty work.