PDA

View Full Version : New member

joshg
05-29-2015, 02:12 PM
Hi everyone.

I registered not too long ago when I got my "new" 3 wheeler. I have already found some useful information and the VIN decoder post helped me figure out that I bought an 83 Yamaha Tri-Moto 200. I'm hoping that I can continue to come back here for tons of information and maybe to find a part or two.

The forum is massive and it's kind of difficult to know where to go looking for parts. I noticed the parts store is pretty much empty at this point... at least for Yamahas.

I am currently looking to replace the front end of my trike. Apparently somewhere down the ownership line it was wrecked and instead of putting a regular 3 wheeler front on, they put a motorcycle fork/wheel on. It works... but I would like to try to find an actual 3 wheeler front to put on.

Hopefully someone will read this and be able to help me out, or at least point me to where I should go. Also I'm curious if there are any other models/years that would fit on it that I could be looking for also?

Thanks in advance.

markturbo
05-29-2015, 08:50 PM
Have you tried ebay yet, or facebook groups? I've had to resort to ebay for almost all my parts, pay a bit more but you can usually find what you're looking for.

Do you have any pics of your bike?

joshg
06-01-2015, 09:27 AM
Have you tried ebay yet, or facebook groups? I've had to resort to ebay for almost all my parts, pay a bit more but you can usually find what you're looking for.

Do you have any pics of your bike?

I haven't checked for facebook groups, but I have been looking on ebay and there is a fork for a ytm125 currently up. The listing said it may fit other models and I sent them a message asking if it would fit on a 200, but haven't heard back yet and I have my doubts it will actually fit. I will keep looking on ebay with my fingers crossed.

I know next to nothing about 3 wheelers and have to do some searching around for if any parts are cross compatible.

I do have a pic. Check out this beauty!!!