PDA

View Full Version : 250r brake odd staying closed?

Bigredrocket
06-03-2015, 01:23 PM
My front brake pads are staying closed and I can't get them to open. Could it be because im low on fluid? The brake lever isn't stuck and the cable isn't tight so I don't know why there closed and won't open. Help!

barnett468
06-03-2015, 06:12 PM
if there was no fluid, they should easily open . . it can take a little force to push the fluid back into the master . . if they simply wont retract, you can loosen or remove the hose at the master then try squeezing them open . . if this works, your master has a problem . . if it does not work, loosen or remove the hose from the caliper . . if this works, your hose is bad, if it doesn't, the caliper is bad . . loosen the bleeder valve and try to compress them . . if this works, you have a plugged oil hole, if it does not, your pistons are stuck in the caliper . . you can remove them and try to clean them but you might need new seals if you do that.

Bigredrocket
06-04-2015, 03:37 PM
I had to take the caliper off and take off the hose and then take the two Allen head nuts out and manually open them. And now I put it all together and now they won't close haha. I think it's because I let all the fluid drop out though

Onetrackmind
06-07-2015, 09:26 AM
Indeed. If you opened up that system, you definitely lost some fluid. The reason that that it's not working now isn't due to the loss of fluid though...it is because you have air in the system now. You will need to bleed it thoroughly and add more fluid as you go for it to work.