PDA

View Full Version : Frankenstein tri motto help

justdoinsomeGWS
06-03-2015, 03:49 PM
So I just acquired a tri moto 200, she's not running (thankfully not seized) and the big issue is the swing arm is missing and the axle is trashed. As the title infers this bike will be pieced togather from many other parts. Currently I can't find a factory swing arm or axle, but really I want both extended what common quad swinger and axle do you think I should use and fab up mounting points to the frame

YamaBoss
06-03-2015, 07:03 PM
I believe the timberwolf swing arm is a bolt on that adds 2 inches in length but you need a longer shock or make a different shock mount. Also the 200's did not come factory with rear suspension. You probably have a 225, but with you saying it is a Frankenstein trike it might have a 200 motor, or be a 200 with rear suspension kit.

justdoinsomeGWS
06-04-2015, 08:23 PM
I believe the timberwolf swing arm is a bolt on that adds 2 inches in length but you need a longer shock or make a different shock mount. Also the 200's did not come factory with rear suspension. You probably have a 225, but with you saying it is a Frankenstein trike it might have a 200 motor, or be a 200 with rear suspension kit.

Thanks for the info, it is a 200, I will be doing the Frankensteining so the bike currently is all original. My friend got the bike without any plastics or seat, and the axle was already removed that's why I assumed it was missing a swing arm. A coworker suggested I find a stock swingarm from a 250r (they are easy to find around here) use the axle carrier and build my own swinger.