PDA

View Full Version : new guy with 86 200x parts blues.

80gmck10
06-07-2015, 09:46 PM
hey all. new to the site but not to honda atcs. but i just picked up a 86 yesterday and shocked at how hard they are to find parts for. ive own pre 86 200x's and 200s's before and had no problem finding parts. hope to get some help on here.

jeswinehart
06-07-2015, 10:23 PM
I only have 1 86/87 part and it is a cosmetic piece,,, sounds like you might need some hard parts to get going.
What are ya needing ???

80gmck10
06-07-2015, 11:14 PM
thanks for replying jeswinehart. good name by the way i have next of kin with that last name. currently trying to find full set of valve springs inner and outer intake and exhaust. bike had no compression pulled the head to find intake and exhaust valve was bent probably from over revving. cam timing was correct. i had luck on ebay finding some shindy valves and some oem stem seals but i would like to replace the springs while its apart.

bigezee
06-07-2015, 11:50 PM
picked up a 86 yesterday and shocked at how hard they are to find parts for

That is the damn truth. I ask for parts on here all the time and all I hear is crickets. People either don't have any or don't want to part with it.

I had my 86 totally rebuilt last year. It took two motors to make one good one. I have a plastic tub full of extra motor parts in the garage. I don't know what I am looking at but if you could explain what your needing, maybe with a pic or diagram, I might have it.

newby200x
06-08-2015, 07:39 AM
I have an extra head w/ valves and springs. The exhaust header is stuck in the head, and one of the valves was bent. I can look for the springs if you're interested.

80gmck10
06-08-2015, 06:47 PM
That is the damn truth. I ask for parts on here all the time and all I hear is crickets. People either don't have any or don't want to part with it.

I had my 86 totally rebuilt last year. It took two motors to make one good one. I have a plastic tub full of extra motor parts in the garage. I don't know what I am looking at but if you could explain what your needing, maybe with a pic or diagram, I might have it.

thanks ill keep that in mind.

80gmck10
06-08-2015, 06:48 PM
thanks newby200x. talked to a guy today about his valve springs he said just use the ones i have if i still have a stock cam. so im guess ill just use my stock ones but thanks.

oldskool83
06-16-2015, 08:35 AM
I do not find as much help for parts on this site as in year past. If you want parts it is best to go to partzilla and find the OEM part number then search on ebay. Normaly you will find NOS (new old stock) parts rather cheap because all these old dealers have is a part number and besides that they have no clue what it is. I rebuild a 1984 KX125 ground up that way it was a orphan year.

Good luck in your search for parts...I normally just buy new items.