PDA

View Full Version : 84 200x clutch cover wont go on

JacobMonster
06-09-2015, 10:38 PM
I pulled the clutch off my 200x. I got everything back in, and got the clutch "lever" thats in the case that the clutch cable hooks to, hooked on to the clutch. Yet theres still some decent space inbetween the cover and the case. Do I just have to give it some love taps to get it seated or start bolting it down and let it pull itself to the case? The clutch lifter is seated right. The only thing I could think would be wrong is the clutch lifter place isnt in far enough, but all the bolts are torqued down and wont go in anymore. And should I be able to just pull the clutch lifter out when the case is off or is it suppose to be seated behind the clutch plate lifter?

Howdy
06-09-2015, 11:03 PM
The pin goes on the out side of the bearing. It pushes the bearing to disengage the clutch. Did you hold the clutch lever on the case forward a little while trying to install it?
There is umpteen different possible reasons that could cause the cover not to slide on. I personally can't say for sure what the cause is with out seeing how your installing it. I have just installed 3 200x clutch covers and none needed more than a hand bump to go on.

Howdy

JacobMonster
06-09-2015, 11:29 PM
The pin goes on the out side of the bearing. It pushes the bearing to disengage the clutch. Did you hold the clutch lever on the case forward a little while trying to install it?
There is umpteen different possible reasons that could cause the cover not to slide on. I personally can't say for sure what the cause is with out seeing how your installing it. I have just installed 3 200x clutch covers and none needed more than a hand bump to go on.

Howdy
No, I didnt. When it was installed, I could move that lever with my hand fairly easily, which made me think I didn't have it on right. I'll give that a shot. Than

JacobMonster
06-11-2015, 07:19 PM

Howdy

Ok, so i got my clutch cover to slide on. Now it wont engage my clutch. The lever in the case literally will not move. Not heres where I might have screwed up. There is the pin inside of the clutch face plate that holds the springs. Theres the plate, bearing, and then the pin to disengage it. Now, does it go face plate then that pin is installed, or is it the pin is installed, then the plate and bearing over it? Other wise I dont know what could be causing the lever not to move.