PDA

View Full Version : 86 honda 200x

Geralocs
06-10-2015, 08:54 PM
Hi there I have a 86 honda 200x it was running fine till now. So when I press the gas it's bugs out on me when it's on choke, it doesn't turn of it just bugs out when I press the gas. When I take of the choke it idles alot I've tried adjustin the throttle screw but it still idles alot, anyone know what needs to be fixed?

Jmoozy27
06-10-2015, 11:20 PM
Check your vent line it may be clogged

knappyfeet
06-10-2015, 11:26 PM
Are you getting steady fuel flow. More importantly........did you go thru the carb front to back?

Geralocs
06-10-2015, 11:41 PM
I have two carb I've cleaned them both, it does the same with both of them. But I'm thinking they both mite not work nomore or I just didn't clean them right

Geralocs
06-10-2015, 11:43 PM
Are you getting steady fuel flow. More importantly........did you go thru the carb front to back?

Yes there's steady fuel going in the carb, and I have gone trew the carb too

Geralocs
06-10-2015, 11:44 PM
I've cleaned both of the and still the same, if it's not the carb could it be something else?

thehorse13
06-11-2015, 04:01 PM
If you are certain that you don't have a vacuum leak, then your carb is not setup properly. Are you using any sort of 200X shop manual to set the carb? Which notch is the C clip set at? How big is the main jet? How many turns out is your pilot screw?

Things like this make a big difference in how your trike runs.

Geralocs
06-12-2015, 07:56 PM
If you are certain that you don't have a vacuum leak, then your carb is not setup properly. Are you using any sort of 200X shop manual to set the carb? Which notch is the C clip set at? How big is the main jet? How many turns out is your pilot screw?

Things like this make a big difference in how your trike runs.

Your right I when trew the carb again, and now it's working better, thanks to all u guys that replied, the problem was the carb