PDA

View Full Version : New member from the Dirty Mitten

kitch313
06-17-2015, 08:14 PM
Yup, just as it says.... but not new to the life of 3 wheels! Born is 78 my love of 3 wheels began when the parents purchased 2 new 1983 ytm200's. Started riding them before i could even reach the shifter! We always kept them on our property in the northern mitten, and we rode them for many years. We donated one to a mechanic friend after it stopped running years back, but i still have the other. Runs still to this day, and i still feel like that young kid every single time i get on it and ride! A few years back i purchased two honda crf50's for my woman and i, but i found myself feeling like i was missing something..... than it hit me, oh yeah, one more wheel! Remembering the 70 my parents wouldn't buy me back in 83 that i wanted on that showroom floor, i started the search. After about a year of watching locally i found a 1981 atc70. I wanted something that still was in decent shape, but went in with the intentions of completely stripping it down after it was running again. After i started searching parts and info i came across this place! Needless to say after 16years of sitting in a guys garage and not running or working i purchased it, and with the help of this site, some cash, some parts, it now runs like it should, the paint someone put on this thing is horrible though! So from a sort introduction from a new guy, now a big thanks.

Thanks to all of you who have paved the way with the questions and answers before me! Thank you for all of your hours put into your project or projects. Thank you for taking the time to pass on your knowledge to us folks who were in need of it, in my case it truly is appreciated! Thank you in advance to those who will help me down the line! I will as well help others where i can. Without this site i would have more than likely spent more money than i needed, and would not be as far as i am on my new project. Thank you for the education, you guys are great!

Atcrumm
06-18-2015, 09:20 PM
Welcome to the boards