PDA

View Full Version : 86 honda 200x CARB

Geralocs
06-18-2015, 04:41 PM
Ok so my carb haS been leaking from the over flow tube, I took it apart and check the floater, it's leveled right the pin works the plastic tip looks in good condition. Can't think of what else to look for, can the gas tank or gas tube be the Co's??

ATC84250R
06-18-2015, 04:58 PM
Hook up a hose to the spot where the gas line hooks up. Take the float and gently push it up while blowing air in the hose. When you can't blow any more air, that is where the float should be level. adjust the little tab on the float to make it level with no air being able to blow thru the hose.

Geralocs
06-18-2015, 04:59 PM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2SUHCw6NVZbNEZ6WExyT3hvY28/edit

Geralocs
06-18-2015, 05:13 PM
Hook up a hose to the spot where the gas line hooks up. Take the float and gently push it up while blowing air in the hose. When you can't blow any more air, that is where the float should be level. adjust the little tab on the float to make it level with no air being able to blow thru the hose.

How do u adjust the floater, i want to make shure im doing it right, how am I supposed to hold it to adjust it? With what am I supposed to adjust with?

Geralocs
06-18-2015, 05:39 PM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2SUHCw6NVZbN2dhRTNnc1ZmSms/edit

This is how I adjusted the floater no air goes in

ATC84250R
06-18-2015, 05:43 PM
I had some one stand next to me while I held it up and pushed the float up. It went past level to get the air to stop. Then I bent the little tab down that holds the needle with the rubber tip with a small screw driver. I went little by little until the float was level and no air could get thru.

Geralocs
06-19-2015, 12:22 AM
I had some one stand next to me while I held it up and pushed the float up. It went past level to get the air to stop. Then I bent the little tab down that holds the needle with the rubber tip with a small screw driver. I went little by little until the float was level and no air could get thru.

Thanks for the tip, i leveled it still no luck

gearhead9056
06-19-2015, 08:46 AM
Make sure there is no debris in the seat and that your float isn't taking in fuel. To clean the seat us a q tip and a dab of metal polish, that should get rid of any small debris or whatever could be in there. As for the float just float it in some gas and see if it stays up.

Geralocs
06-19-2015, 11:24 AM
Make sure there is no debris in the seat and that your float isn't taking in fuel. To clean the seat us a q tip and a dab of metal polish, that should get rid of any small debris or whatever could be in there. As for the float just float it in some gas and see if it stays up.

Ok I'm a try it today see if that works

Geralocs
06-19-2015, 01:56 PM

Ok I'm a try it today see if that works

Geralocs
06-20-2015, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the info, so the whole time is was the small pin that goes on the floater it doesn't leak anymore, Thanks again