PDA

View Full Version : 86 honda 250 big red.

JJ420
06-18-2015, 06:29 PM
Hello everyone, I'm new to the group and new to riding. I got my first trike a few months ago and I'm addicted. Ok so here's my question. Red won't start. She was running fine kicking up mud and dust a couple weeks ago I went out gor my daily ride and nothing. Usually I can kick start it with one or two kicks and she's good to go, but this time she wouldn't turn over. The kick lever is strong like it was befor all this. So I stole the battery out of my wiges yamaha 250 bear tracker and hooked it up to my honda to use the electric start and the starter just spun, it wouldn't engage. What could be the problem? I'm not to savy when it comes to motors but I like learing. Any advice would be grewtly appricated.

JJ420
06-28-2015, 08:58 PM
I finally got red running. I found a guy out here and he took the carb apart, removed the float and cleaned a small little needle and spring that moves the float. He also removed something on the side (a black plastic cover) next to the starter and I guess a gear came lose so he put it back together and she started right up. Man today was a good day.:w00t: