PDA

View Full Version : 85' 250es Big Red Randomly boggs down stalls then starts up again..

daren1093251
06-22-2015, 06:17 AM
It just started happening, rode all day (112 KM to be exact) and randomly it started bogging down, as I changed lower gears it bogged less if I was fast enough to get it in neutral it woudn'lt stall. Sometimes it also likes to back fire a bit. But starts up great I can ride for hours before happens, or sometimes like 20 minutes. Usually starts back up 2-3 kicks after it stalls. Checked the carb was still full so she was getting gas.. air filter is clean.. what else? thanks

UFLBret
06-22-2015, 10:53 AM
Fuel cap vent could be clogged.

danbur55
06-22-2015, 12:54 PM
something inside air tube of frame bouncing around shutting off air flow???

Devilsclaw
06-22-2015, 05:16 PM
Mine is just about perfect in every way and it bogs down from time to time. I've spent hours and hours trying to track it down and have finally come to the conclusion its some kind of weird vapor lock going on because if I bleed the air out of the fuel line or blow in it it works. My wife likes the Big Red, otherwise I'd be tempted to put it out by the side of the road with a "for sale-cheap" sign on it! LOL

Your jets could be plugged, but mine aren't and it still does it. Mine runs good when it bogs, just lean and has no power. Good luck.