PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and experience with Can Am and Polaris big bore offerings?

Tas Wheeler
06-23-2015, 08:21 PM
Hi all,

Curious on any thoughts and on hand experiences with the Can Am Renegade/Outlander 1000 or Polaris Scrambler/Sportsman 1000.
Polaris have just began selling the Sportsman 1000 in Australia and after looking at both Can Ams and Polaris' on the show room floor and the specs for each, the Sportsman looks to be the one for me.
My main concern is that the Sportsman 1000 is in its first year, and generally I'd tend not to purchase first year models of anything until the bugs have been ironed out. Although the Sportsman frame and the 1000 engine have been tested over the last couple of years in other model combinations, so the rule may not ring true in this instance.
To be expected, any discussions on the relevant forums tends to be a little one sided towards their respective models and I know most of you guys on here tend to be relatively unbiased except for anything three wheeler related that is:p.:
So any one that has one, maybe knows some one that has one, ridden one or worked on one let me know what you think.

Cheers Matt

gearhead9056
06-24-2015, 01:33 AM
I recently bought an outlander 650, can't say anything about the 1000s as I've never ridden one, but the salesan told me he'd prefer not to sell me any first year polaris models due to they always seem to have alot of stupid problems the first year.

atc007
06-24-2015, 07:18 AM
Haven't personally had a Polaris 950,,,sorry, that's what they are. And honestly,if they are stacking up on paper to/or above a Can am, what and how? I must have missed something. You will never,ever, want from owning the Can am. They are brutal, in your face terrain gobbling beasts. You'll never be sorry. The 2 keys are awesome, the 3 stage power steering is exquisite, each range does everything you want it too. And the power? Yeah, it is FUN!! I can't speak to the Polaris. Good luck!

LT80
06-24-2015, 09:08 AM
"they always seem to have alot of stupid problems the first year"..And the 2nd year, and the 3rd year, etc.
Order a "Pure Polaris" part. Says China right on it. I was disappointed to see that when I worked on a Polaris 4x4. China parts assembled in Mexico.
I'd be looking at the Can-Am.