PDA

View Full Version : First wheelie experience

Bigredrocket
07-05-2015, 11:17 PM
Took my 85 Honda 250r and my 83 honda 200 atc out to play today. No sand, just gravel and dirt. Decided to try and teach myself to wheelie today with some tips and pointers from people on here. Little scary at first but once I got the balls to do it it's fun! A whole lot easier on the 200 even though it has way less power. Maybe because the balloon tires and weight proportion. Real fun though. Didn't hold any for very long. Just practiced on getting it up for a couple seconds and tapping the rear brake. It's a life saver. Enjoy the pictures!

barnett468
07-05-2015, 11:44 PM
Lol . . most xlnt . . I am the one that gave you instructions for sitting on the rear . . someone else have you xlnt instruction on kneeling. On the seat . . since you yappef the rest brake on guessing you tried my method . . did you tty the other method and if so was it fun? . . I have used that method also . . of you are patient and practice you will get better but your bike needs to be jetted well . . eventually you will be able to wheelie as long as you want, . . anyway I'm glad it did not spit you off they back lol

Bigredrocket
07-06-2015, 12:18 AM
Yeah it first I had to kneel on the back of the 200. But after awhile I couldnjust throttle and throw my weight back but I only weigh 150 so it's a little challenging. But it started to cone easier. One time I stood the 250 like straight up in the air and about ruined my drawers haha. But it's fun I'm gonna practice again next weekend. Thanks for the advice it wirked great!

barnett468
07-06-2015, 12:56 AM
Xlnt glad you tried both techniques . . you now understand why I suggested using second best and slow speed lol . . I can actually wheelie a bike until my arms get tired and can also do it with one hand but you really don't want to take it that far . . the point where you needed yo change your shorts is the balance point that another told you about . . this is where you need to be to wheelie at s steady speed . . you can even slow down once you reach the balance point . . if you tty yo do that just keep in mind that the rear brake will save you most of the time lol but that you will eventually bite the dust a time or two . . no pain no gain Lo

thehorse13
07-06-2015, 10:19 AM
I would practice in sand if possible. If you don't have sand, grass is a decent second option. Falling off the back is a right of passage when learning. It eventually happens given enough time so practice at LOW speed. I would not try anything beyond 2nd gear wheelies on that 250R until you have a lot of practice time under your belt.

With enough practice, you will be able to ride a wheelie for quarter mile using any of the techniques you're learned.