PDA

View Full Version : 84 Atc 250r mods and gearing for mx racing

Madman Racing
07-13-2015, 10:28 AM
Going to be trying something a little different than the normal 2 stroke stockers at Breezewood in August. I'm gonna try my luck on my air cooled 84 250r instead of my 85. Already done the mods listed on the "other site" ,does anybody have any other good mods/tips/gearing combinations for the air cooled shy of throwing a 300r kit on? I'd like to stay in the stock class. Thanks

barnett468
07-13-2015, 01:42 PM
well it would be beneficial to you and helpful for others if you simply posted exactly what you did and what parts you used instead of telling them to go to another site to see what you did. . . it would also help to know what your compression is and whatt octane gas you are using.

Flossyb20
07-13-2015, 01:51 PM
If you're doing motorcross on that machine, you may want to invest in a good aftermarket rear axle, the stock ones are thin and tend to bend rather easy if you land a little too hard...speaking from experience

manbearpig
07-13-2015, 04:07 PM
suspension should be your first step. call up race tech for a set of gold valves and maybe some progressive springs. have the rear shock sprung for your weight and riding style (MX) and have everything rebuilt