PDA

View Full Version : New Wheel/Tire Set Up For 225DX/Rs Needed.

HeavyDuty
07-14-2015, 06:01 AM
Hi Trikesters, I'm getting back in the Tricycle game after a long time gone- bought 2 decent looking Tri Moto 225's- a DR and a DX, and as I've had 3 of these in the past, I like my original set up that I always used- wide and low in the rear and tall as I can find in the front.

Things have changed since the 1980's... :)

I used to run Gateway Buckshot Mudders as low as I could find them in back, and mount them with spacers that were a combined 5 or 6" wider track in the rear.

I guess I'm looking for some aluminum wheels and looks like I need to go with some type of Raptor adapter or change my hubs, would be great if they made a 3 lug to 4 lug adapter with 3 inches of spacing built in each one.

What are my options, if anyone has been doing this lately? I rode these around yesterday with the existing set ups, and they were horrible, really roley-poley feeling, lucky I didn't tip it over a few times.

That being said, I jumped on this thing and screamed around my yard- I have 5 acres- and felt like I was a kid again, rode wheelies around and scared the crap outta my wife. I don't think I've ridden one since about 1990, most of you may not have been born yet- these were all we had- were really no quads when I was growing up...

Thanks for any help you fellers can muster up, glad to be back on 3 again! Phil

Yamawheeler
07-15-2015, 07:28 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/15/5c2c619c1c7fc6fa92f57bbcd6476a55.jpg
Here's my set up.