PDA

View Full Version : new guy, awsome site!

novaman
07-14-2015, 01:04 PM
Hello all, I grew up riding on 3, had a tecatie, 250r, 250 sx and several small ones. been off on dirt bike for a few years. great news iis my 15 year old and his buddies are getting into it and it has me excited. kid has a 250 sx, his buddys have 200x,s. I just picked up a basket 85 250r, all there but the motor. so ill have a project now too!
looking forward to some good reads and info on here.

ps2fixer
07-14-2015, 05:25 PM
Welcome to 3ww!

If you are looking for an engine, I'm sure there are members on here willing to sell. I have a couple of older 250r's, they are fun, but I'm not a 2 stroke person, so my fav has always been my 350x, and next is the 250sx, and 250es of course for any kind of work.

Also, you will want to snatch a service manual for each of the machines you're around, the info is always great to have!

Good luck, and if you run into issues with fixing up the machines, make a post about it and someone will chime in to help.

86125m
07-21-2015, 07:35 AM
I'll tell you one thing all the new dirt bikes and 4 wheelers are good for is to cannibalize parts off for your 3 wheelers. I was in the Honda dealer the other day picking up some parts. So I started looking at one of the new Honda sport 4 wheelers and one of the sharks I mean salesmen comes up and asks "your always in here for parts why don't I sell you a new one." I tell him that no thank you this bike I nice but it does not have 3 wheels and the only reason I'm looking is that Im looking for the parts I could put on my 200x.😁