07-19-2015, 12:52 PM
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/snw/5114599117.html

Not bad.

Red Rider
07-19-2015, 02:06 PM
Sounds like an advertising guru to me. LOL

Jwheeler
07-19-2015, 03:26 PM
You think !!!!!!! His computer was getting hot living under the rocks with the rattlesnakes . :beer

greenhuman
07-20-2015, 06:20 AM
No ragheads LOL

manbearpig
07-20-2015, 10:09 AM
Seen this style ad before. its anything but original. just copy and paste and edit to suit your needs. i'd buy it for $75..

knappyfeet
07-23-2015, 12:10 AM
Seen this style ad before. its anything but original. just copy and paste and edit to suit your needs. i'd buy it for $75..

$75.....that's it?...........for all neck jerking awesomeness homie?

I've seen weird ads before on CL but this was funny. If its still there when I go see moms in Vegas I might stop by and holla at it.

manbearpig
07-23-2015, 08:59 AM
yup. $75 all day. that thing is a million miler...and this is the south west desert areas. 200X's are a dime a dozen in better shape.

dont "holla" at it

knappyfeet
07-23-2015, 11:44 AM
yup. $75 all day. dont "holla" at it

Your accurate as I have noticed these things are a dime a dozen in the southwest.

I've already got a million miler with an axle.....slightly bent....that gives me a body message at speed.

86125m
07-23-2015, 11:10 PM
This dude here needs to go work for an advert company because his ad is da bomb homie. I know 1 gen xs are easy to come by other places but it took me forever to find one so that i could restore it.

cap
07-24-2015, 12:32 AM
Thats awesome!
It reminds me of this FUN MACHINE CL ad.

:lol::lol:

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/mcy/5115737530.html

The tall BW-426 is for sale. The other riding pictures were taken at China Wall, in Glamis, California, with the old guy on it. Me.

This is the "Bad Boy" of the sand set. It's so fun and easy to ride. This bike is so much fun at Glamis you'll have more fun than you could think possible.

It's also "stone reliable". Since we drive these bikes all around the Glamis dunes and sometimes down to the Mexican border, I couldn't have it any other way. Especially, if you consider the possible walk back. I'm old and don't like to walk miles in soft sand!

Here's what it is:
It's a 1987 Yamaha Big Wheel 350, modified with a 2002 YZ-426 and WR-426 lighting system and a few other mods here and there. They were originally built for riding on the sand. They handle just like a regular bike, but they do it on sand. Just like a regular bike drives on pavement, they do it in sand. Wheelies? Oh yeah. Slide the rear end around using the throttle in dirt or sand? Oh yeah. Fast? Oh yeah.

If you look closely, you'll notice we only need knobbies for China Wall. Sliding the rear end around and dusting your friends doesn't work well with paddle tires, but knobbies, oh yeah. Notice I don't need paddles to go over the slip-face at the top of China Wall. It'll do it easily with knobbies and on one wheel!

Anyway, originally I thought the stock bike needed more power. Yeah, LOTS more power. So on this one, I stuffed a Yamaha YZ-426 under the gas tank. No, this isn't your kids Big Wheel. It's on Steroids! Yamaha YZ-426 kind of steroids. I installed an easy-start camshaft mod (No fumbling with levers and stuff. Just kick it and go). I removed the rev-limiter and I put on a Yamaha WR-426 lighting system, for some of our infamous "night rides".

It then had the power, but you would over-ride the suspension. It needed more suspension, LOTS more suspension. Serious rear suspension to go with a serious engine. I designed the rear suspension to have 18, yeah, 18 inches of travel (I'm tall). My bike has lots of room under the seat for that fat 10 inch wide tire to move up into. Ya wanna go fast over the whoops? Punch the gas and wheelie over them. Use the 18 inches of rear suspension. I think I've exceeded that 18 inches on a few occasions!

If you're a Glamis rider, you probably know Oldsmobile hill with the spot on the left where the guys park at the top to watch all the riders. And just below that parking area, the really steep, loose, sandy, slip-face that runs straight up to that plateau, the one NOBODY ever drives up? Yeah, you know, the slip-face to the "left" of the "road" (the easy road that the smaller buggies and the Jeeps use) to get to the top of Oldsmobile. This bike flies up that slip-face and can easily catch air, but you shouldn't 'cause ya gotta watch out for the spectating people. That's where they park to watch and see what's going on. They don't expect someone coming "UP" that slip-face, it's too steep and soft. Nobody comes up that! Except me, and I'm old. And because of the sharp transition at the edge of the "road", you can't get a run at this slip-face, ya gotta just hit the transition easy and then power up the long slip face! Nobody goes up that! Yeah, except me. This bike is fun!!!

China Wall has a similar parking area, it's smaller, with a much longer, steeper, softer sand slide below it. As I start up this slide, the guys sitting up there watch and start to laugh. "Yeah, Right, a Big Wheel trying to come up here!!!" Then after a couple of seconds the guys start shaking their heads, knowing it can't be true. Then, as the bike starts powering up the sand slide on one wheel in second or third gear, they pull their heads back thinking "What". And since there's not too many people up on that small spot, you can see them and keep the gas on. Then catch air on this little plateau. The guys up there'll say "What da heck wazzat???" A stock Big Wheel won't go a hundred feet up the easy part of China Wall! And this came up the part where NOBODY goes. . . . BTW, this little plateau is where my buddy was standing as he snapped the pictures here at China Wall.

Why I'm selling it: I'm getting old, I'm over 65 and my wife is scared to death of my riding. She's making the week before I go to the desert, a real pain. You know, the old, "Promise me, you'll drive slow. Be careful. Don't . . ." NAG, Nag, nag, nag. I never did like lying to her, but what's a guy gonna do??? I was never going to sell it, but age does catch up with us.

One of my favorite past-times at China Wall is on a busy weekend. I'll watch for some kid on a Banshee, or similar ATV. He'll thinks he's "hot stuff" and he'll decide to blow past that old guy on the "old Big Wheel" who was riding real slow up to the bottom of China Wall. This is where I pretend I don't know what I'm doing... going slowly, maybe 20-30 feet up the hill, turning around, coming back down and studying the hill, like I'm preparing for an assault on it with a Big Wheel... That really suckers in the kid on his Banshee, BIG-TIME. Oh, this wasn't a good idea on the kids part. I start real slow through the whoops giving him time to come around behind me and building up his speed. Then, as he goes flying past already with a running start, I punch it. And about half way up China Wall, I go past him, pull a nice wheelie in 3rd gear, jump the top, turn around, go back down to the bottom and blend back in with our group of stock looking Big Wheels, all with knobbies. That usually gets a lot of attention. They come over to look at these bikes - REAL CLOSE. Did I mention that I've built a bunch of these bikes for my buddies? Some are YZ-250s in the smaller, lighter Big Wheel 200's. So don't go picking on old guys riding a bunch of old Big Wheels unless you know what they're riding. If it has a tall-OLD guy riding it, be nice to him, I'm still old. Don't pull just in front of him with paddle tires and dust him on your Banshee. That would tick me off, and I'll chase you 'till the ends of the earth or until you run out of gas, whichever comes first!!! Then I'll laugh and leave you, while laughing all the way back to camp. Pay-back. Oh yeah, it goes all day on a tank of gas and doesn't even hit reserve yet. If we leave from the ranger station, drive the dunes to Mexico and back, it still hasn't even hit reserve yet. But it's close, as it's a good 40 - 50 mile drive.

Do I know how to build a fun bike? Oh yeah. A couple of my buddies aren't old like me, and these Big Wheels are all these guys like to ride. Some of the guys have tried those new, big CC, ATVs, Raptors and the like. But they still prefer these "old" Big Wheels, especially when they ride slow with the wives and kids. But it's hard to "not twist the wrist!" once in a while! This Big Wheel is faster, lighter, more agile, less tiring and lots more fun than the Raptors. Yes, it's faster, even with me driving it than a Raptor (watch us at the sand drags, it's hilarious). Plus it doesn't take up a lot of space in the garage or on the trailer. It's a bike after all. And don't ask if it has any scratches in it! It's almost 30 years old for Gods sake! Yeah, it's got scratches and the price is not negotiable. It is what it is.

I prefer to deal with real people using the Craig's List e-mail system. Please come and have a look at any of my Big Wheels in person. If you like any of them, bring cash (Greenbacks) or a check drawn from your bank. We'll go to your bank, cash it, I'll get paid, and you can pick the bike up any time you want. Don't tell me you live in the middle of the ocean on an oil rig (True story). And I don't deal with shipping companies until AFTER I've been paid. I don't front shipping money because you want it shipped to Holland and you promise you'll pay me by Western Union if I pay the initial shipping fees (another true story). Yeah, Right. No exceptions.

I've had scammers try to burn me. But no, I didn't just fall off a turnip truck.

If you're interested in buying it, send an e-mail address or a phone number and I'll get back with you.

Thanks