PDA

View Full Version : Any Willys Jeep Owners Here?

coolpool
07-19-2015, 06:34 PM
So on to my next stage in life. I've got the go ahead to find and refurbish an early Willys Jeep. I'm not sure when this will happen as I'm the research phase ATM. I'm leaning toward a CJ3A 49'-53' or a M38 50'-52 . More than likely I'll be scouring the US for a 90+% complete specimen. Which State is anyones guess; I'll make a mini vacation out of it. For the M38, there might be issues trying to ship an ex-miltary vehicle across the border? Finding a decent one in Canada will be tough and parts are tough to get up here and most would have to be shipped$$$$$$$. If anyone has some great advice on these things, ones to avoid, pitfalls, impossible to source parts etc, I'd be happy to hear from you.

barnett468
07-19-2015, 07:17 PM
All you need to get it across the border is a Title, so an ex military vehicle is no problem if it has a title, of course you would have a little explaining to do if it had a 50 caliber machine gun attached to it.

Ghostv2
07-19-2015, 08:18 PM
There is one for sale here by my house. I'll have to take a few pictures since I wouldn't have a clue as to which year it is. A few people have them around here that I know. There was the truck version for sale at the same place not to long ago. Again, I'm no expert on these things but they had some pretty snazzy looking vehicles.