PDA

View Full Version : 89 250r out of crate but mint condition 15k

HONDA_ATC_FREAK
07-22-2015, 11:11 AM
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/snw/5132670268.html
If I had money to burn from winning the lottery I'd get this beauty.

IronBear
07-22-2015, 11:29 AM
That's beautiful!

Mr. Clean
07-22-2015, 12:03 PM
Nice TRX, my favorite year!.

mxnick
07-22-2015, 04:38 PM
The ad (and the seller) is a little misleading.

While the bike is nice (make that really nice), it HAS been ridden, as there is frame wear on the shifter side on both the frame and the shift lever. From my experience, I would say it has maybe 5-10, maybe 15 hours on it.

It is nice, but not brand new as seller suggests.

You will notice the seller does not show the frame rails or shifter side of the motor, and for this very reason. I called and spoke to him, he maintained it was brand new and never used. I had him send me more pics, but he didnt send pics of the frame scuffs. It was only after another friend (who contacted him before me and I think was the first person to spot it) sent me a different photo did I see the frame rub. Apparantly the guy sent my friend this photo, then when my buddy pointed it has been ridden, he changed the photos.

Also note that has an aluminum aftermarket skid place, the heel guards are removed and the bike has an Oregon title (Not an MSO).

lastly, the tires are a little worn, maybe only 5% or so, but still shows signs of use.

When I called him back and asked him about frame and tire wear, the seller maintained that it was only from people sitting on it at the dealership and that the tire wear was from being pushed around at the dealership.

It is not worth the $15k the guy wants for it. $7500 maybe.

nik0708
07-22-2015, 04:45 PM
Hi Nick,
Does the seat have any blotches on it in any of the pictures you have?

mxnick
07-22-2015, 05:59 PM
Not that I could tell but I didnt look super close. It is only 90 minutes from me if you want me to go check it out, but I think the guy is a little grumpy with me and the other guy who called because we called it out.

He seems to think he will get $15k for it. I suppose that is possible if someone thinks its new and takes the guy on his word, but after seeing the pics and getting some more info, I dont think it is worth $15k.

More power to him if he gets it, but only if he discloses the issues and does it without being misleading.

nik0708
07-22-2015, 06:03 PM
I might just hold out for one that's still in the wrapper! :lol:

atc007
07-22-2015, 10:01 PM
Pegs,shifter,pipe,heel guards,tires, skid.....NEW?? Cmon....Very,very nice yes, Not new.If he was honest, I would have certainly called him. Ohhh well...