PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha ytm 200 running rough

MB9800
07-24-2015, 03:08 PM
Alright so here's the deal. I've got this wheeler and just tore it down to put a new cam chain in and new guides in it. Before I tore it down it had a problem running. It seems to be running real rich and it seems to be misfiring and cutting out a lot all of the way through the rpm range except when idling. Also I have found that the only way to start it when it is cold is to hold the throttle to the bars and then turn it over. I posted a thread a while back on the same topic and a member suggested that i get a new oring for the float needle seat. Well i ended up just replacing the whole assembly. I also broke the main needle when disassembling so that is new also. I'll post a video later of it runnng when I get to my computer. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

muthey
07-24-2015, 11:16 PM
What do you have the mix screw set at that can cause a lot of issues if it is too rich also do you have the mix screw assembly in the correct order? It should go laid onto the mix screw spring washer and then o-ring.

MB9800
07-24-2015, 11:25 PM
The mix screw is set at 2 1/4 turns out and I'm not sure if what order its in as I have not taken that out yet, but that doesn't mean that the previous owner didn't.

Yamawheeler
07-25-2015, 09:00 AM
What is your main jet set at clip could be to low. Allowing to much fuel in.

MB9800
07-25-2015, 09:36 AM
If you're talking about that big needle, that clip is set in the middle

Yamawheeler
07-30-2015, 07:54 PM
Have you switched your main jet at all? Or any jets?

MB9800
07-31-2015, 09:09 PM
No not at all, the one thing that I noticed is that the plastic peice that is supposed to sit in the float bowl is missing. Would that make a difference at all.

muthey
08-01-2015, 01:50 AM
not really that piece is an atomizer for the fuel, Are you running a slip on carb or bolt on? try turn the mix screw in to 1.75 turns If that doesn't help I did finally find my spare slip on carb that has been rebuilt and is fully functional, so let me know.