PDA

View Full Version : 84 200es Big Red cant start

JoeNasty
07-28-2015, 05:21 PM
Just got Big Red given to me today from a friend of the family and shes been sitting for awhile so right now I'm trying to bring it back alive. The battery seems to be fried. So there's no way on getting the electric start going until that battery is replaced. I've been trying the pull start but it dont seem to be working at all either. The carb is floating and we believe the float might be stuck but we arent even getting a pop or a noise. There is high compression. Not sure where to start, I will be rebuilding the carb and getting a new battery but anyway to get this thing going before hand? I was able to get my 350x going with no problems after it sat for a couple years and I'm hoping I could do the same. Plus any tips with this machine would be awesome.

JoeNasty
07-28-2015, 11:23 PM
Never mind got it running. Hooked it up to a truck with a tow line and brought it to the street. Put it into gear and pulled it for a couple of seconds and started over and started running real good. Gonna rebuild the carb once I get the kit for it.mfor now gonna replace the oil and see how it runs as it was smoking a lot.