PDA

View Full Version : Woodway Texas

redsox
07-29-2015, 07:59 PM
anyone close to woodway texas that could help me get a vehicle shipped? i'm willing to compensate. I want to have someone represent me that i can trust. i figured maybe a member on here was nearby.

90nut
07-29-2015, 10:49 PM
Not so much for help here, but last year I had a f 450 crew cab long bed(12' utility bed) hauled from Georgia to northern Indiana for 300$. No issues, did next to no shopping around either.

redsox
07-29-2015, 11:17 PM
thanks man. its not so much finding a shipper or paying for it. its more of needing someone to meet the seller and get the truck hooked up with the shipper. its a long story, (just my luck) but i think it might work itself out. i was just hoping to maybe get someone on the ground there that could give me a hand.

Onetrackmind
07-30-2015, 08:24 AM
I had to look up Woodway on the map. You might have better luck if you post about Waco, TX since it is a much larger city and they are so close. I am north of Dallas...so not much more help here. Sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

redsox
08-03-2015, 04:38 PM
ok boys. things have gotten beyond bizarre here. twilight zone stuff. read this till the end. it'l blow your mind! i'll start at the beginning. i've been looking for a truck for a little over a year. i'm looking for a rust free, square body chevy or gmc, not lifted, fleetside, 4wd, pw/pl etc, etc. really not important on the details. my search has been methodical, and i refuse to settle. i want what i want. so, being that the new england climate rusts this particular type of steel body truck, my search extended to eBay and craigslist in southern and western rust free areas. on about 7/27 i find a truck in woodway texas that i really like. its on eBay, and the guy has a good rating. now, buckle up for what is probably the craziest eBay story of all time. I send the guy a message and he gets back to me. seems totally normal. we move the conversation over to texting because its just easier. at my request, he sends me about 30 photos of the truck, in addition to the 23 that are in the ad on eBay. i speak with him on the phone on three occasions. he seems really normal. he speaks with a texas accent and gives me a "yes, sir" or "no, sir" to every question. very polite. by the sound of his voice I estimate him to be about 40 years old, which is around my age. I actually locate a friend of a friend down in the woodway texas area that can go and look at the truck and give me an unbiased opinion. he goes to see it last Tuesday. i get a call from him after seeing the truck and he says its in get shape and he thinks its a good deal. now, Tuesday night i start negotiating price with the seller, and we come to an agreement. I offered a price for the truck to include shipping. he agrees. we discuss logistics. we discuss where it should be shipped and how i can make payment. this goes till about ten o'clock tuesday night and continues again on wednesday morning. at about 9 am wednesday morning i get a text from him with his account number and routing number. i contacted his bank via phone and checked them out a bit. everything was legit. A little bit after 10am i get a message from him to stand by on sending payment because he needs to check account numbers for accuracy. I get a call from him, that was really brief, telling me to hold off till he can check with his bank about releasing the title and some other logistics. he sounds totally fine. i agree to check back at lunch as i'm ready to send the money.

THIS IS WHERE THE WHEELS COME OFF THE WAGON. I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE THINKING. "THIS IS SOME KIND OF SCAM" NOPE!! STAND THE F BY!

i send a message at lunch..no response. i send a message after work. (6:45pm) asking if everything is ok. he replies with "Yes. I'm dealing with something personal, i'll call you tomorrow." I get a bad feeling, but i have no idea what I'm in store for. I reply with "ok, call me tomorrow". At 9:09pm i get this bomb dropped on me "Daughter passed away, just need to focus on other things right now." I'm blown away. I obviously feel terrible. I send my condolences in a brief text and tell him he is in my prayers. I don't here another word from him. thats when i started this thread, thinking that maybe i could get someone to ship the truck as the guy might need the money at a time like this. Now, as a naturally nosey person, i start checking the local papers down in woodway for an obituary. i think maybe my wife and i will send a little something to whatever services they have. flowers or a card or something. i figure that this guy is pretty young, his daughter must have been very young. i really feel terrible about the whole thing. after two days i still don't see any obit. its a small town outside of Waco. about 8000 people. I start to think that maybe it was a sham story, but i think to myself, there is no way someone would make that up to get out of a truck sale. thats when i found this article!!

http://www.kxxv.com/story/29664475/update-update-death-of-11-month-old-ruled-as-homicide

i made a few more calls, including a call to the sheriff's office down there and i'm 90% sure that the guy i was dealing with is the prime suspect in the rape and murder of his 11 month old daughter!!!!! furthermore, i spoke with him either just before or just after the crime!! have you ever heard of anything more insane? they haven't released any names yet, so i can't be 100% sure. i'm waiting for more news reports. wow. just wow.

IKE-Z
08-03-2015, 04:47 PM
Very sad about the girl... Agreed it is very Twilight Zone like.

Onetrackmind
08-03-2015, 05:34 PM
That makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. Sorry you had to be involved in something like this.

big specht
08-05-2015, 04:31 PM
Well that's a really screwed up chain of events there. I'm sure he will get a nice warm/cool place to live with 3 square meal on our dime when he should be strung up with a short piece of rope from a tall tree but this is America we will pay for him the rest of his life.