PDA

View Full Version : front fork fitment

82honda200
08-02-2015, 12:51 AM
Hey everyone gotta question for y'all. I found a really good deal on an 84 Honda 200m. Its torn down but most of the trike is complete. That said I was considering buying it as a parts bike if most of what I want/need is interchangeable. The front fork on my wheeler is bent back some(was that way when I bought it) and I was wondering if the front forks off the other bike would be a direct bolt on to mine. Same with the front fender,seat,etc. Like I said its pretty much all there from what I've seen and would be way cheaper to but this bike if everything will fit mine than ot would b to source parts online and shops dealers etc. Thanks in advance,Bill also I just remembered that I forgot to add that my trike is an 82 Honda 200. With no suspension or reverse and is pull start if this makes a difference. Just wanting to know if the newer setup will work on mine before I buy. Thanks again, Bill

86125m
08-02-2015, 09:38 AM
That should not be a problem as long as the 200m has its front fenders if not you may never find a 200m or 83 200 front fender for you bike. It is also and upgrade because you will gain front shocks.

82honda200
08-02-2015, 11:27 PM
Excellent, sounds like come payday if I can afford it ill have a parts bike :). Which brings me to my next question. My front brake drum/hub moves after you apply the front brakes. It only moves about 2" when you push the trike backwards. And if you push the trike forward the hub/drum moves back until the "ears" make contact with the front fork and then stops moving. So my question is how is the hub/drum supposed to be secured so that it wont move with the trike. It doesn't affect the trike when you ride it and doesn't affect the brakes either. I'm just afraid that it could rip my brake cable out and cause me to wreck and get hurt. I dont go far usually just around my yard and at a very slow speed less than 5mph. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again, Bill

86125m
08-03-2015, 10:38 AM
well it sounds like you need to just open that brake drum up and inspect it for damage. however when you change the front end your going to have to use the front hub axle and brake system from the 200m so it might be worth it to just leave it alone until you get the parts bike.

82honda200
08-03-2015, 08:19 PM
I kinda figured I would have to swap everything to the 200m setup if the guy hasn't sold it yet.