PDA

View Full Version : It all started with "lets paint the kitchen".

jeswinehart
08-07-2015, 11:27 PM
So yeah, lets paint the kitchen (which was over due for sure) then while we was finishing that up lets redo the windows with shutters,,,, several hundred dollars and a full week of my life to custom fit those and nearing completion "can we re-tile the floor ? " ~ sure, why not (butt load of time/money right there in)
then add in a dish washer, replace all the trim with new,,,, yeah happy wife ~ happy life
Son in law coming over tomorrow morning to help get fridge back into place (its like dragging a large dead deer out of the woods). Hopefully get all the trim back on this week end and some other details done. Not exspecting to be all done by Monday but closer.
So for those folks asking me about our parts we make thanks for your patience in waiting. The Mrs. is working me like a 20 year old pool boy (with benefits :) )
Sure looking forward to our next ride at the Brimstone despite the long drive !
In all fairness the Mrs. has certainly been doing her part with grouting, touch up paint, wood finishing, parts running and what ever to make it happen,,,

Jmoozy27
08-07-2015, 11:51 PM
Looks good. I have done a variety of work in my time. Hot stuff, nasty stuff, million dollar projects... But honeydoos are by far the most taxing across the board. Fine job John...

onformula1
08-08-2015, 12:30 AM
Looks, great!

The only thing better than a nice kitchen, is a nice garage. :lol:

tripledog
08-08-2015, 12:58 AM
Looks like your significant other has you right where she wants you, but you did a nice job. A REALLY nice job!!!

Chopsaw
08-08-2015, 08:22 AM
Looks good , nice work . Trim out the upper cabinets to match the color of the counter top , really makes it pop .

coolpool
08-08-2015, 11:36 AM
Gotta keep them happy John. And it doesn't hurt to sit back and say, "I did that" with a smile on your face. Looks great!

Chopsaw
08-08-2015, 10:18 PM
Is that a Bunn coffee maker ? Just asking because they had a problem with them catching fire . If you reg'd it , they sent a new lid switch . If not ,,, beware , Not sure what year / model it affected , just be advised . Again nice work .

Chop

jeswinehart
08-08-2015, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the Bunn coffee pot chopsaw, I'll ask the Mrs to have a look into that for sure !
I'd mentioned to her about your trim suggestion ,,, got any pics of that done ? I got a idea of your suggestion and can in vision it looking sharp but she can't.

Chopsaw
08-09-2015, 03:08 PM
yeah ,,, I have the oak cabinets like you , and trimed them out in black . I'll post a picture in a bit .

Chopsaw
08-09-2015, 03:12 PM
http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2006/Bunn-O-Matic-Corp-Expands-Recall-of-Home-Coffeemakers-Due-to-Burn-and-Fire-Hazards/

Chopsaw
08-16-2015, 07:38 AM
220004 it's a matter of taste I guess , but I think it adds something .

jeswinehart
08-16-2015, 03:54 PM
That IS a very nice accent.
The Mrs. says we are done. I let her shoot the last trim nail and she proceeded to putty fill in all the Brad nail holes.
She is happy !
Now I can work on my things to do list :)

coolpool
08-16-2015, 07:16 PM
Act fast, you've done your deed and now she's in a weakened state. Go buy something complete useless that you've always wanted. The armour doesn't shed very often with that species;-)

Chopsaw
08-16-2015, 08:19 PM
Very nice space you have . I can smell the coffee on a cool Sunday morning . Enjoy .
Looks GREAT !
Chop.

atctim
08-17-2015, 11:50 AM
Looks fantastic John! You always do great work. Tell the wife I like it!

oldskool83
08-17-2015, 03:55 PM
Good job. A small job or idea can always turn into a major redo.