PDA

View Full Version : Bad news for the 250r..

Bigredrocket
08-08-2015, 10:57 PM
So last time after I went riding I left it strapped down on the trailer to long and no my alignment is messed up! Pretty bad. To where my right arm is tired of keeping it straight after about a half a mile.. Any input or advice? It looks like my forks are a little diagonol from my bike or maybe I'm paranoid but my alignment is deffinitely messed up. Help!

SSLS1
08-08-2015, 11:52 PM
Sorry to hear that you're having a problem. Check the obvious stuff first like is there play in the headset bearings, loose head set nut (try to push your handle bars forwards then release trying to feel for a clunk in the bars), bad front wheel bearing, did one of the forks slide up in the triple tree clamps (forks not at same height up by handle bars)? If forks have air valve on top are they at the same air pressure Internally?

I don't think having it strapped down for a while would cause a problem so check for the above items first. Good luck, you will figure it out. ;)

Jmoozy27
08-09-2015, 12:11 AM
Pics would help diagnose the problem

barnett468
08-09-2015, 01:06 AM
make sure the rear tire pressure is even in both rear tires.

make sure the front has the proper amount of air.

put it on a stand so the front wheel is in the air.

grab the front axle with both hands and try to move it forward and backwards . . of it moves, tighten the steering stem bearings per the service manual.

if the bars are not straight when the bike is going straight, loosen the pinch bolts on the top and bottom tripple tree 1/8 of a turn . . they should still be barely snug.

if the right side of the bars were closer to you, place the left front of the front tire against the garage door frame etc and push the right side of the bars forward as you pull the left side . . then push the bike a few feet to see if they are straight . . continue the process until they are then tighten the bolts.

if the left side of the bars are closest to you, out the right side of the wheel against the door frame.

Bigredrocket
08-09-2015, 12:37 PM
Thanks guys Ill diagnose today and post what I find out and keep you updated!

RD70
08-09-2015, 10:13 PM
Check the circumference of the rear tires too when both are inflated. I had tires with different circumferences even when the pressure was the same, made the bike pull to the side.