PDA

View Full Version : found a place to ride

82honda200
08-12-2015, 12:48 AM
As all of us here are trike fans/riders many if not all of you know that finding a place to ride with out getting into trouble with the law can be quite difficult at times. Especially those of us who live in western Maryland. The state of Maryland doesn't allow atcs to be ridden in public/state maintained areas such as the DNR orv trails. If you get caught With an atc in or on these areas you are subject to fines or even losing your beloved trike. Well I found a place that allows atvs of all kinds including 3 wheelers to be ridden freely without fear of fines or loss of our trikes. This place is called Wolf Den Hunting and Riding Club. And its located in Kitzmiller MD. They claim to have over 3000 acres of land with about 100 miles of total trails including mud pits and scenic views. They also allow primitive camping on the premises. One day will set you back $20 and a year long membership is $150 if I remember correctly. Their hours of operation are as follows, Fri-sun 8am-5pm Mon-Thur by appointment only. Thats if your not a yearly member if I understand correctly. If anyone is interested in more information please feel free to either look them up on facebook and send them a message or I can do so and ask for you or you can call them and ask them whatever you'd like to know. I just thought that everyone here would like to know of this place as its one of the seemingly few places left where we can enjoy our atcs without having to know where trails are or know someone who is willing to let us ride on their property. Hopefully I will be able to find my way up there soon and see if what I've heard is as good as it sounds or if its just a load of malarkey. They are also on riderplanetusa.com as well. Just thought I would throw this out for everyone hope yall find this to be rather useful.